MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Glad to hear that it’s working now, welcome aboard!

@jprspereira Right now it already saves the last session items, but upon entering reviews/lessons it clears them. Basically you would want to go to the ‘/results’ screen before entering a new session.

Having a “to results” button would solve it but that would look a bit weird I think… Another way to solve it is to store it in the cookies for X hours (which is per device).

What would be the prefered scenario?

@LeeDavies87 Hey! Good suggestion, adding it (and image upload) to the to-do list :slight_smile:

CSV basically being a text file doesn’t allow for media uploads so it’s no wonder you couldnt find it :stuck_out_tongue:

In general, uploaded media is being stored under the userid->deckid->name of file + random hash + file-extension, an exception to this is media imported through the anki import, which doesnt have the random hash in it. So your media files are probably duplicate, but generally speaking that isn’t a big deal since the files are mostly very small anyways. (and there are no limits at the moment)

2 Likes

Does it really?.. How? :eyes: It never does to me. I literally just did 10 reviews, went to the results’ page, went to the dashboard, opened a new tab with the exact link I got from the results’ page and still showed up empty to me.

Anyway, I definitely prefer the last review session. It’s simple, logical and it works for most users. As you can see though, there are people that might want to see the last 24h/etc.

What is more important for me about this is saving the items between devices. One thing that used to annoy me with Wanikani was that I would do lessons/reviews with the phone app, arrive home, open the laptop and not see my items there. I would see my last session done in my laptop instead (which was pretty much useless by that point). Maybe also differentiate between lessons/reviews? So, each section would save their own list of lessons/reviews.

1 Like

It does for that current session only, opening a new tab also starts a new session :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

<.<…

gives up

Ok, forget that. The suggestion was delivered :joy:

2 Likes

I’m just stating how it currently works :stuck_out_tongue: I offered two choices, which one would you prefer? I reckon the one with the cookies would work the best (although not cross device).

Cross device would require a whole lot more work for a relatively small feature, so I’d rather not do that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Do the one with cookies then. But know that after Kitsun gets more completed, I’ll ask you for the cross-devices one :stuck_out_tongue: Rn it’s better to use time wisely.

2 Likes

Dealio!

2 Likes

Bug report:

I had 2 lessons left in the pile. I hibernated the 2nd card. The system assumed I didn’t do any lessons, so it didn’t give me that 1st item to do in the Quiz. It literally told me I had no items to reviews so it took me directly to an empty results page. At one point during today’s lessons, I only had 1 lesson in the pile. I opened it, learned it and the system gave me a quiz like it should (for 1 card).

I guess what’s causing the problem is me hibernating 1 card and learning the other. I was able to replicate the problem with the exact conditions as I mentioned in my first paragraph.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to figure out more about the problem. I was in a hurry.

EDIT: I haven’t fixed the cache situation yet. Maybe I should fix it before reporting anything else? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, I did change and later on fix things for the lesson counting system. But there is a big chance it is related to the caching bug.

That said, for anyone else who was on the website between 31 august and 10 september and is having problems with navigation not working or new features not showing up until you refresh:

During my vacation I deployed a hotfix from my laptop (which i normally never use). Apparently while doing so, the cache headers on the hotfix build were not set properly.

Anyways, if you have those issues, you have to clear your browser cache for Kitsun as the index html file is cached on your computer for ~30 days. This results in the file referencing old javascript files which don’t exist anymore.

If anyone needs help with doing this, please let me know (and specify the browser you’re using) and I will make a small guide (you can do it within a few seconds) :slight_smile: You can also let it be and it will solve itself eventually but it might be annoying having to refresh every time.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Needless to say, I’m not doing hotfixes while on vacation anymore :tired_face:

Luckily, I think a relatively small number of users are experiencing these problems.

1 Like

I’m not home right now. Will get back at you after lunch. Thanks :smiling_face:

2 Likes

So, I was planning not to do this specifically so that I could report back to you in future on whether the problem has fixed itself; would that actually be helpful, or is it not worth it?

1 Like

I think it occurs at my home computer as well with a specific url, so it’s completely fine to clear it as I can just check it myself :slight_smile: Wouldn’t want to put a bug so annoying on you anyways… Thanks though!

Okay, I’ll clear mine then ^^

1 Like

Is it possible/do you intend to allow the user to change the “Lesson Order Method” from Community Decks?

Ok, this is what I’m imagining: a problem with the Core 10k for WK users is that you’ll be faced with kanji you don’t know, mainly when you intend you start with it soon after you did with WK (like one should). You could argue that “Oh, native content doesn’t care about your kanji progress either”, BUT! I’m imagining this: I’m imagining a mode where creators can make different orders of their content available. In Hine’s case, he could simply have a “Wanikani” order and WK users that wish to learn that way could do so. They would follow their progress on the Core 10k with WK. Imagine how perfect that would be for beginners. And I’m just giving you a single example. I feel like with some creativity, this could allow for very cool things to be created.

3 Likes

Having the ordering method user specific is quite easy to implement. I can put it on the list if you’d like.

As for the second idea, that would require some more work, as I would need to store those sorting methods/indexes somewhere accessable for everyone and change queries to use those sorting fields instead. It’s possible but it would take some time to implement. I’m not sure whether there is a demand for this kind of option at the moment though. I think Hine already has their hands full with curating content atm :stuck_out_tongue:

But in the future it might be a cool feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you hired Hine yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

If I could, I would!

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Make it one of those things to do that’s not urgent. Now this isn’t really important without idea B.

I mentioned it because Hine already has a WK-ordered deck (I believe?). Since your market is basically JP learning people rn, it could be something to make them more comfortable and addicted to Kitsun, I guess.

But yeah, get those search functions + notifications done first and it will be :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

JP learning people? I’d like a deck to learn all about you :kissing_heart:

3 Likes