MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

I will be pulling down the website for an update in a few minutes.

1 Like

New Update is live

New features

• Demote cards: You can now manually demote cards from the Card Edit page by clicking the actions button and selecting ā€œDemoteā€. A popup will then ask you to which SRS level you want to set the card.

• Duplicate Templates: Yuu can now duplicate templates AND all layouts inside that template by clicking the corresponding button on the Templates page.

• Personal Hotkeys: You can now set your own hotkeys for non-input cards. Note that this only works for the quiz part of lessons and reviews. You can find it on the Settings page.

• Mass Change Layouts: You can now change layouts of all selected cards in the table view. Note that this overrides all current layouts linked to those cards, and only works for cards utilizing the same template.

• Mass Change Tags: You can now change tags of all selected cards in the table view. Note that this overrides all current tags.

• Mass Awaken Cards: You can now awaken all cards selected. Note that this only works if all cards selected are currently hibernated.

• Lightning mode: Lightning mode has been added! You can toggle it by clicking the thunderbolt icon in the top-right corner. It does the following: Instantly advance to the next card if you enter the right answer without the need of a second enter press.

• Gravatar Integration: If you have a Gravatar picture connected to your account, the default user image will now be replaced by your glorious picture :smiley:

• Siblings will now stay relatively close to eachother during reviews (unless filtered of course). This will make it easier to wrap up sessions.

• Data being sent on the cards page has been trimmed, meaning it will now be a bit less heavy on your computer if you try to load 1000+ cards :wink:

• The sidebar is now hidden during lessons and reviews, giving a bit more space for your cards!

• Mobile styling for the deck and cards pages has been changed to fit better.

Bugfixes

• Hibernated cards will now show up correctly in the table view

• FIxed a bug which caused the timeline to be empty

• Cookies will now persist between sessions

3 Likes

Changelog above ^

Iā€™d like to note that I tried to implement all features still on prio or in the backlog for this update. There are still a few left, but I will do those later because I will start working on Community decks from now onwards. So expect less frequent updates for a while.

This also means that the Kitsun JLPT Vocab Decks will be coming this week if everything goes well.

Time to activate a new wave of accounts!

1 Like

Activations are done :smile: Welcome to all new testers!

3 Likes

Should you be able to go to the next card in reviews by hitting enter two times?
I can only go to the next one by clicking the ā€˜next >ā€™ button which takes a bit more time.

Also,
when I enter my answer before I click enter/next thereā€™s an X over the next button. Not sure why that is.

1 Like

Hmm, are you using cards with an input or without? If it is with input it should work by hitting enter while typing in the answer. And on the backside hitting enter again.

I havenā€™t heard anyone else mention it is not working for them, which OS and which device does this happen on?

Could you perhaps share a screenshot of this? I havenā€™t seen this happen before either :sweat_smile:

Thanks for reporting!

Not exactly the same issue, but I might be having a related bug. Enter works fine for me in reviews, but I do have issues using enter to advance during lessons. It works to cycle through cards in the initial non-input phase, but does not work to advance between cards during the input phase (ie, I can hit enter to submit my typed answer, but hitting enter again does not advance to the next card - I have to physically click the arrow). Iā€™m on my laptop using Windows 10.

@sjora could you confirm if itā€™s in reviews or lessons or both for you?

@windupbird did this work previously or was it never working for you to begin with?

As far as I recall, it used to work.

Alright thanks, I will take a look and do a hotfix if I find whatā€™s causing it. I will let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

@windupbird @sjora Iā€™ve deployed a hotfix, pressing enter on the backside should now work correctly again. You might have to refresh the page if you were already working in Kitsun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no idea what Iā€™m doing. Please help. @_@

Iā€™m trying to figure out how to properly set up vocab, butā€¦ itā€™s leaving me a little non-plussed. How do I set up synonyms? Is it not with a comma like I have it? Why do both English and Meanings turn up on the back? Iā€™m confused.

Hello!

Donā€™t panic! You are currently looking at one of the layouts that you selected for your card. The layout that you are looking at is the ā€œJP ā†’ Readingā€ one. The other layouts should show you the other fields as the main fields.

The ā€œEnglishā€ and ā€œMeaningsā€ are shown there to provide more information after doing a review. Itā€™s just an extra (like WK also shows the info on the back).

Yes, you separate meanings/readings with a comma like you currently have. But this particular layout doesnā€™t use the synonyms (expect for readings but you only have one reading).

I hope this makes sense, otherwise please feel free to ask any questions in here or on our Kitsun Discord :slight_smile:

Edit: to add to this, there is a quickstart guide on the help page (from the sidebar) you can follow the steps there to create a first card and see how it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I got my first card working. Thank you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Clicking enter works fine now in both reviews and lessons.

And iā€™ve added a screenshot of what I mean about the X over the next button.
Iā€™m using internet explorer (sadly) because thatā€™s what they have at work.

1 Like

Ah so itā€™s a IE thing, thanks! I will try to prevent it from showing :slight_smile:

Yo @neicul ! At what time do new lessons get unlocked? At midnight (userā€™s time) or 24h after? :thinking:

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Not sure if this has been reported yet or not. Iā€™m guessing youā€™d like it to say something other than ā€œundefinedā€.

2 Likes

Yo! They currently unlock at 24:00 servertime (UTCĀ±00:00)

1 Like

Thanks! Will fix :smile:

1 Like