Kitsun.io - [ New Update: Known Words System 🎉 ] - SRS Study Platform

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that we have just added 28 new community decks to Kitsun. Each language has 1 Vocabulary Deck and 1 Phrases Deck :

• Portuguese
  • Spanish
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Turkish
  • Russian
  • Arabic
  • Hindi
  • Filipino (Tagalog)
  • Vietnamese
  • Thai
  • Korean

We also have Chinese decks which will get shared as soon as we finish creating a specialized Chinese default template & layouts.

We will be adding additional information (sentences and audio) to these decks as we go forward, but we figured it would be good to already release them in their current state.

This was a combined effort of our team members and hopefully shows where we want to take Kitsun in the future. Speaking of the future, our team members are hard at work with creating decks for the Chinese (HSK), Korean (TOPIK) and Russian equivalents of the JLPT. After that we will be working on some very cool custom decks for Japanese :smiley:

11 Likes

So awesome! I’m loving my time on Kitsun so far :grin:

4 Likes

This is so awesome! Thx for everyone’s hard work as always

2 Likes

@27Jenny27 Really glad to hear that!

Thank you both for the kind comments :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@neicul Any updates on the IOS app? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working on it! Got a little bit distracted with other (web) features and related projects (like the knowledge base) lately, but I’m back to work on the apps 80% of the time.

It’s getting to a point where the end is in sight for a first version so I hope to release it relatively soon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

excited sounds

3 Likes

Yay! Cannot wait! :partying_face:

2 Likes

HYPE!

2 Likes

I’ve tried many SRS’. Anki. Bunpro. KameSame. KaniWani. Torii. However, they all didn’t stick with me for some reason. Until now, the only SRS which I do religiously is WaniKani.

Until now.

Kitsun. Holy cow. The ability to import entire news articles, blogs and online novels into the app, and then automatically having furigana for everything and being able to see a word’s definition at the touch of a button- this is revolutionary.

@neicul You sir, are doing the lord’s work.

10 Likes

Thank you!!

Really glad to hear it’s working well for you :smiley:

I still wish to introduce additional sources of texts/ (news) articles for the reader as soon as I get some time to work on it again. Hopefully soon! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying this new feature so far! :slight_smile: Great job with it!! I wonder if there’s a place where I can see all my known words, or maybe even how many there are now?

1 Like

Really glad to hear that! There is no place for you to check and manage your “global” known words yet, but it’s definitely coming up along with the WK API integration. I’ll be working on it as soon as the first version of the mobile apps is done :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll likely share a general roadmap sometime soon so everyone can see what the team is working on for the next few months/year :smiley:

4 Likes

Glad to hear that! Thank you for all the work you’ve put into Kitsun - can’t wait to see what else you have in store. :relaxed:

1 Like