MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

New MaruMori Update!

SRS Reviews Reordering, removing Study Lists, additional information for SRS items, and much more! We’ve really tried to focus on implementing as many priority features and bugfixes as possible, next to working on bigger new features! (Example Sentences DB, Grammar DB, and Grammar SRS anyone? :smiley: )

As usual, you can read all about it in its corresponding changelog entry:

2 Likes

I like the idea! Personally, I do think the colors (or maybe just the background) are a bit explosive though!

Perhaps distracting from the actual focus of the card (the content). I wonder if it might look easier on the eyes if you gave the background images an opacity of say, 10-30%? No clue what that’d look like though!

If you’d like to look into good matching colors, I’d recommend taking a look at sites like https://colorhunt.co/ to see if anything there strikes your fancy :smile:

In the end, it’s all personal preference though, so I could definitely be an outlier in this regard :smile:

2 Likes

I see what you are saying, kinda went extreme contrast :sweat_smile: I like the link, they have some nice ideas.

See if anyone thinks this looks a bit better color scheme-wise. It’s hard to have two different templates in the same deck to both compliment and contrast as well. Also want to keep readability a priority, agreed the background was a bit busy

Kanji

Vocab

3 Likes

Looks a lot easier on the eyes to me! Though I do find the primary (top) colors a bit heavy still, but as mentioned that could be a matter of taste ^^

2 Likes

A small but fun little update today!

We’ve added some new artwork today!

A nice new arrow for the overworld!

A few new pointers:

In other news, there’s only one day left to get Lifetime before the next price increase, so if you’re still on the fence, now would be the best time!

2 Likes

Polls, Polls, Polls and… More Polls!

We’re having polls for our region names over on the MM Discord. If you want to be a part of MaruMori history and influence it for generations to come, come vote on whichever you think is the best! :grin:

1 Like

New MM update!

SRS Hotkeys, audio autoplay in lightning mode, global audio during SRS, loading screens and moreee:

2 Likes

Quick update, the new lower intermediate (or should I say Apprentice?) levels are live :grin:

2 Likes

Another update just went live!

This time bringing Push Notifications, (special MM) Emoji, and more:

3 Likes

Kitsun: Japanese Surnames: 500 Most Common is now updated to include 500 of the most frequent. Index is now based frequency number as well along with included frequency map and link to entry.

Card Sample

3 Likes

Awesome! As always, thanks so much for sharing and all the hard work you put into the decks you make :blush:

2 Likes

Omg, this is awesome. Thank you so much! Need to brush up on my names. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hmm, I wonder what this might be :thinking: :thinking: Any guesses?

8 Likes

Then Maru misses the jump and a soggy panda has to climb back up again :joy:

2 Likes

The Jungle of Tenacity! (Or what we ended up with) :grin:

1 Like

Naww haha, should totally add an easter egg where they jump into the water when you click it :laughing:

3 Likes

“Jungle of Tenacity” yeah! :smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: Mysterious…

1 Like

Oh so mysterious :eyes:

1 Like

Maru becomes the Easter bunny :rabbit:

2 Likes