MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Time for a new update!

Today we’ve mostly got a big bunch of bugfixes but also the ability to remove items from study lists and our very first easter egg achievement is ready to be earned. How to get it? You’d have to figure that out yourself! (Something about making Maru mad at you…?)

Read more below:

1 Like

OMG hello WaniKani! It’s been a while :grin:

2 Likes

welcome back!

2 Likes

Hello! Funny seeing you here :laughing::relaxed::wave:t2:

2 Likes

wait-a-minute-who-are-you

1 Like

Huuuhhh, fancy seeing you here too! :laughing: :wave:

2 Likes

New Update

Yesterday a new update landed. This means that new lower intermediate content is available, and you will now have your user level and experience set appropriately! Go check out your new level :smile:

Read more about our leveling system below:

2 Likes

And another one!

New update for MM landed!

We’ve added the first mini-game: Wordle! Rise to the daily challenges of both 4- and 5-character Wordles!

Tutorials & Knowledge Articles Get help when needed or read about our teaching methods, the website or how to do certain things! (We’ll be filling it up with more small articles in the coming weeks )

Timezone Support! Everything time-related on MM now takes into account your timezone setting! This means your lessons now unlock at your midnight , your streak now counts correctly for you and daily things like vocabulary, wordles, kanji also change at your midnight!

Read more below: https://marumori.io/changelog#changelog-41994480

5 Likes

I’ve never played wordle before the minigame was added so maybe I don’t really understand how this works. But I thought if there is a blue arrow it means that there must be another syllable of that line in the word. But this wasn’t the case today. (Or I need new glasses :joy:)
Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-28 um 15.40.35

2 Likes

Just to make sure, all these characters were put in the same spot? Because that is an important detail for the hint. That said, something odd is going on with the hints at the moment. Hoping to figure that out asap haha

As for explanations, we’re going to add a small tutorial on that page explaining all the hints and such :grin:

4 Likes

I saw the same thing yesterday as @Ducklingscap (5 letter puzzle I think), where all the kana of that line were used but rejected but the horizontal arrow hint was indicated on ん.

1 Like

Can confirm it was a bug with ん in particular (and a few others that don’t have 5 items per column). Just put out a hotfix for the hints in general, with this fix included :grin: Should be good from now on!

2 Likes

Is there an explanation to the hint of wordle? I don’t get it:

My deductions:

orange means “is present but not correctly placed”
green is “correct”

I don’t get what happens with “す” though. First an up and down (need to tenten it?). Then left and right (wut?). Then nothing (wtf?).

Got the same with both た and め, and seeing todays world I don’t get it

げんげつ

3 Likes

From what I can gather, the up/down arrows mean it’s from that column (さしすせそ), and the left/right arrows mean it’s from that row (うくすつetc).

1 Like

This is correct!

1 Like

I did end up buying it afterall, before the price increased with the added kitsun.io lifetime bundle. My issue with kitsun.io was how unintuitive it was for me, but I’m horrible with computers for someone my age.

This made the bundle worth it so I could take an entire lifetime to study.

Features got added to MaruMori.io faster than I thought they’d be and I was certainly looking forward to a number of those features, but I figured they’d be further down on the road map.

1 Like

Heya!

In case you haven’t figured it out by now:
The arrow hints are for that spot in particular. So す being at the first spot, having the up and down arrows means it wants one of さしそせ in that column, on that particular spot of the word you’re guessing (in this case, the first character). You can see せ being green later on, meaning it was せ for the first character!

Horizontal is exactly the same, but in a horizontal manner, like: くふ etc. You can see all possible options at the hints section below the input.

We’ll be adding a small tutorial with hint images and descriptions soon, it’s already in the making! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the support! Really appreciate it! :tada: Hope both websites serve you well in your studies!

If you have any remarks in particular as to why you find Kitsun confusing (I’m assuming you actually meant Kitsun, and not say, Anki) or where you “stranded” after registering, please let me know!

1 Like

New MaruMori Update! A big overhaul of the main study list unlocks (pt. 1)

Yesterday a new update landed! Aside from the usual new content for Lower Intermediate, it’s mainly part one of our big overhaul of the main study list unlocks. We’ve removed, added and changed a lot of content. For the exact details read more below. Warning that it’s a long list!

3 Likes

Posting this here since some WK user’s may be using the The Lost WK Levels: 61-70 deck. Had a couple requests regarding the kanji/vocab being hard to distinguish from the general Kitsun templates while doing reviews. I modified a few templates to accommodate but it’s a community deck so wanted to get the opinion of any deck users before making a format change.

Example Kanji

Example Vocab

5 Likes