Shortly after the WK lifetime, here comes the Kitsun lifetime
I plan to finish Wanikani; and then move to Kitsun for the last few kanji, and vocabulary.
Although the retention rate of WK is working pretty well for me, sometimes I find vocabulary that I kind of know but don’t remember if they are from WK.
I know I will want to add to Kitsun vocabulary that I don’t know, and are not in wk (I would go back and unburn, rather that adding to kitsun)
Is there a way I can easily check in Kitsun if they are WK elements?
How would you suggest me to do?
You can use the WaniKani Known Kanji & Vocab Filter where you can filter out (or in) known WK vocab/kanji to add to known base for deck filtering and Reader tool parsing percentage. How to use is in the description.
It’s really easy to post the same comment multiple times by clicking the submit button again. It’d be better if it was disabled after clicking it once that way while the network catches up people don’t click it again not realizing the request already happened.
MM is so far everything I was missing for Japanese learning. I’ve started over in WK several times but I always stall once I reach a point of learning grammar; I just hadn’t found a means of learning grammar that really jived with me (yes, I tried bunpro, among others). MM is exactly what I needed and I’m looking forward to its future.
I have one recurring bug which is making me scratch my head: I’m timezone GMT+10 but my MM ‘day’ swaps at noon, rather than midnight. I suspect some value got flipped somewhere? It’s navigateable but it is a little annoying when my day isn’t actually my day.
Actually, by using the Card Generation - Dictionary - Jisho function, I can pretty much do what I wanted to do!
As items are WK marked, I will simply not generated the Kitsun card for those items and will come back to WK.
Using the card generation function effectively will require a bit of meddling, but so far so good.
I will keep in mind WaniKaniKnows Kanji & Vocab Filter for the future, when decks will start to grow and I will be an advanced user
I have a problem when visiting the site with my iPhone. It does not play any audio. I tried log out and in again but still no audio. That happened once a few days ago and disappeared when I logged in on the Mac and changed back to the iPhone. Today it is permanently.
Heya! Am I correct in assuming you are talking about MaruMori? We’ve had a few other users report issues with audio not playing and somehow affecting their overall browser audio. Usually entirely exiting the browser (swiping up, then swiping the browser tile upwards in the multi-task view on iOS) and relaunching it fixes the issue.
Really sorry for the inconvenience! Please know it’s pretty much our top priority to fix it at the moment, as soon as we replicate the behavior and figure out what is causing it. Thanks for letting us know about the issue! If you have any exact details about which page it happened on/when it happened and perhaps what your previous navigation on the site looked like, please let me know as it might help us track down the issue
I apologize for not being specific and you had to guess. You are right, I was talking about MaruMori.
Closing Safari didn’t work. I restarted my Phone and that helped.
I can’t remember what I did and where exactly the problem occurred. But it had no effect on the overall audio. Other tabs worked just fine as always.
If it happens again I will try to give you all information I can get.
So, the audio problem with MaruMori happened again. Using iPhone, iOS 16.1.1
I haven’t close the tab this morning and left it open for a couple of hours in the background. Then I did my reviews with audio and after that I clicked the “let’s learn” button and choose my next lesson. At this point the audio is missing. After pressing the play button the pause button won’t disappear but no audio is played. Closing Safari worked and the audio is now available.
I’ve managed to track down the cause of the issue, and it has to do with the external animation library we use for the regions. Because of that, it’s pretty difficult to fix (basically, there’s a memory leak that causes the animations to stay cached, so navigating back and forth causes it to overload, breaking audio), but I do have an alternative that seems to work. At this point I’m waiting for our illustrator to hand me alternative files which will likely fix it!
Will keep you posted Sorry again for the inconvenience!