MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Is there a way to delete user created study lists?

3 Likes

Gotcha! Yeah, we can definitely add that :smile:

As of right now, not yet! It’s on our top priority list for “smaller features”. Here are the other small ones tagged as top priority on our todo list at the moment, in case anyone is wondering:

Hoping the get most of these out over the next week :smile:

4 Likes

Very cool, thank you!

1 Like

I noticed some inconsistency in the allowed meanings of the days of the month. Sometimes only “X-th day of the month” is allowed and sometimes “day X”. When learning the days of the month いちにち is given first but it should be ついたち to not confuse the user and to stay in the pattern.

1 Like

This is because some of them have had changes suggested from users to add those answers as “allowed” (invisible) answers :smile: You can send in such feedback from the “Suggest Changes” action in the top-right of the reviews/lessons pages, after which we can accept the proposed change in our CMS. We typically check a big batch of these every few days :smiling_face:

We’re also in the progress of double-checking our early Vocabulary unlocks in general and moving things around here and there in the coming week(s). There are a few kinks in there that we hope to straighten out ^^ Thanks for letting me know about 一日!

2 Likes

Some of you might’ve seen it already, but a small (but very impactful) new update landed yesterday :tada:

This update should fix performance issues on the adventure pages (if you had any) and also fix the no-audio-on-iOS issue that sometimes occurred after navigating back and forth multiple times. Along with some smaller bugfixes that we managed to sneak in too:

1 Like

A quick last reminder: Just a few hours left to get the lowest price. The discount will decrease a bit tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

New Update! More SRS Features

Another new update landed yesterday! This time we really tried to focus on getting smaller but high-priority features and improvements in there. Including new reviews styling, lightning mode, and mistake delay. Here are a few screenshots:

New conjugation layout and styling tweaks:

As usual, you can read all about it over here:

4 Likes

Any possibility that this layout/template can be added to Kitsun?
I want to pre-study vocabulary lists for Manga that include Kanji that I haven’t learned yet on WK, so I want the Kana to appear below/above it. I could take a layout that only does Kana → Meaning, but I DO want to get used to seeing these Kanji over time.
I am aware that some templates have furigana support, but that would mean I have to manually edit >1000 entries for one volume to bring it into this form:
嗅[か] ぎ 付[つ] ける

The vocabulary lists are usually in this format (example):

Japanese Kana Meaning Page Notes
好酸球 こうさんきゅう eosinophil 2 a type of white blood cell that …
雑菌 ざっきん microorganism 9
嗅ぎ付ける かぎつける to sniff out; to get wind of 16

(Yes, I am trying to study vocabs from the はたらく細胞 manga)

I registered yesterday new to Kitsun since I heard it was just a plug-and-play solution, but even after a full morning and afternoon full of research I couldn’t find any available template or make it seem to work by myself (I am not a HTML/CSS guy).

TL;DR - a template like this would be nice on Kitsun:
template

2 Likes

Hey! We’d be missing a bunch of data there in order to get that layout on Kitsun (it was made for the conjugation tool after all), but editing the default layouts to display kana rather than furigana should be really easy though!

I’ll give you some further instructions on how to do this soon, as I just arrived in a foreign country (completely jet lagged :smiling_face_with_tear:) and haven’t had a chance to open my laptop yet :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m loving the look of MaruMori so far.

I’m wondering if I may have missed this, but is there an easy way to import known words from Kitsun to MaruMori? I’m finding the import tool on MaruMori very intuitive to use but I’m not sure how to export my known words list from Kitsun.

Sorry if this has already been answered!

This was shared by a user until the feature goes native, haven’t tried it yet.

2 Likes

No problem, take your time to cure your jet lag :smiley:

Actually, I didn’t mean particular this layout from Marumori. It was more of a visual reference.
It’s just about the kana :slight_smile: (Though, it’s true that the layout and the colors are nice too)

I tried editing it with the help of the internet, but it was pretty overwhelming, some colors in the editing tool were almost invisible, and some windows didn’t let me edit anything. I thought I had done something wrong, so eventually, I gave up. CSS feels like a black box to me… Sorry for that! :grimacing:

1 Like

Heya! I just double-checked and the default kana -> meaning layout does show the kanji form too, right below it. It displays the first reading value as the kana-form. Would that already do what you are looking for?

Usually, it won’t let you edit the CSS of default templates unless you make a personal copy first. For the default layouts you can not edit anything, as they are shared between users. When you create a layout under the default template, you can edit the HTML but not the CSS, as that’s bound to the template. But you can make a personal copy of the template (which also copies all layouts under it) first, after which you will have full control over everything.

2 Likes

That might work. Not the prettiest, since the small Kanji get less importance and look a bit odd on the bigger Kana, but it might suffice :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe I’ll ask a friend if he can modify such a template for me, so I don’t disturb you on your business trip / holidays in the foreign country.

By the way, it may be that with the above template the Kana are also shown for Kana only words, e.g. となると(となると). Is there a way to insert some logic into the template that checks

if Vocabulary == Reading:
  hideKana()

? Just asking if that’s possible. I never learned Javascript, but I can understand and modify already existing code (thanks userscripts!), so that’s fine.

1 Like

@neicul any plan to add option in MM for kana only study in personally made study lists? (or maybe option to include furigana)? Would be nice to make some decks for vocab review where I haven’t learned the kanji yet.

Edit: or be able to choose the type of review, similar to how the options exist in kitsun:

1 Like

Haha thanks! I’m on a semi-holiday (special circumstances brought me here, but making the most out of it :slightly_smiling_face:)

I hadn’t really thought about it showing kana twice, that’s a little bit weird yeah… You can make a copy of the layout and put {{#Readings}} {{/Readings}} around {{first:Readings}} as it acts as an if statement. So if you dont fill in the reading value on the card, it would not render the things in between the if statement and closure. {{^Readings}} would do the opposite, being “if not”.

For font size changes you could inline the style on the html ala <p style=“font-size:10vmin”> and change the 10 to other numbers to see what works well for you.

Hope that helps a bit!

2 Likes

If the vocabulary you wish to study has a common kana form, you can usually select that specific form from the dictionary and add it to any of your personal study lists. You will then only get questioned on meanings during reviews.

In MM every form of a vocabulary can be studied individually, and has it’s own SRS.

Having just kana lessons for other vocabulary which does not have a kana form entry, is currently not really planned I think.

Regarding determining layouts, we aren’t completely sure yet… we will likely introduce options for that a bit later on when we introduce the grammar SRS and Cloze style vocabulary review layouts :grin:

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Summary

Can’t remember how to put less than 10 chars without Discourse complaining.

Wooops :sweat_smile:

Training conjugations from another conjugation is coming in the future, another user also asked for it. Seems handy!

2 Likes