MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Not a bug, it flips at midnight London time right now. It’s on @neicul list to make it TZ aware.

2 Likes

Got it; thank you! I assumed the existence of a timezone option meant it was already TZ aware. If it’s on radar, no worries.

1 Like

Haha I did too! Discord was a great way to quickly ask him and find out. Everybody asks, so no worries :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers :slight_smile:

Actually, by using the Card Generation - Dictionary - Jisho function, I can pretty much do what I wanted to do!
As items are WK marked, I will simply not generated the Kitsun card for those items and will come back to WK.
Using the card generation function effectively will require a bit of meddling, but so far so good.

I will keep in mind WaniKaniKnows Kanji & Vocab Filter for the future, when decks will start to grow and I will be an advanced user :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a problem when visiting the site with my iPhone. It does not play any audio. I tried log out and in again but still no audio. That happened once a few days ago and disappeared when I logged in on the Mac and changed back to the iPhone. Today it is permanently.

1 Like

Heya! Am I correct in assuming you are talking about MaruMori? We’ve had a few other users report issues with audio not playing and somehow affecting their overall browser audio. Usually entirely exiting the browser (swiping up, then swiping the browser tile upwards in the multi-task view on iOS) and relaunching it fixes the issue.

Really sorry for the inconvenience! Please know it’s pretty much our top priority to fix it at the moment, as soon as we replicate the behavior and figure out what is causing it. Thanks for letting us know about the issue! If you have any exact details about which page it happened on/when it happened and perhaps what your previous navigation on the site looked like, please let me know as it might help us track down the issue :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the really kind comment, so awesome to hear you like it!

As mentioned (thanks!), the streak/lesson day setting is on our todo list. Hoping to tackle these kind of smaller features/issues in the coming week!

2 Likes

I apologize for not being specific and you had to guess. You are right, I was talking about MaruMori.
Closing Safari didn’t work. I restarted my Phone and that helped.
I can’t remember what I did and where exactly the problem occurred. But it had no effect on the overall audio. Other tabs worked just fine as always.
If it happens again I will try to give you all information I can get.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! Really hoping to squash this one asap. Luckily it’s only and issue on iOS devices, but it’s still a very annoying one :sweat:

1 Like

Missed this one, thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes

So, the audio problem with MaruMori happened again. Using iPhone, iOS 16.1.1
I haven’t close the tab this morning and left it open for a couple of hours in the background. Then I did my reviews with audio and after that I clicked the “let’s learn” button and choose my next lesson. At this point the audio is missing. After pressing the play button the pause button won’t disappear but no audio is played. Closing Safari worked and the audio is now available.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

I’ve managed to track down the cause of the issue, and it has to do with the external animation library we use for the regions. Because of that, it’s pretty difficult to fix (basically, there’s a memory leak that causes the animations to stay cached, so navigating back and forth causes it to overload, breaking audio), but I do have an alternative that seems to work. At this point I’m waiting for our illustrator to hand me alternative files which will likely fix it!

Will keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face: Sorry again for the inconvenience!

3 Likes

I remember joining kitsun io when it was launched, I remember that there was some discount for whenever I decide to buy it for being an early bird, so I joined, sadly I’ve never used it.

I tried to mend that up trying marumori today

BOY is it pretty!

So far I have clicked all over the place, it kinda mixes the vibes of a cute game with the majimeness (yes I’m making that word up) of a study webpage.

I went straight to level N5 and I was a little bit lost at first, I didn’t get what to do until I noticed the clearly artificial road with hexagon stones.

I don’t know yet if i’m gonna be using it but congratulations, the effort and love with which you made the website shows itself

2 Likes

Welcome back! :smile: 久しぶりですね

Thank you for all the kind comments! Feel free to try it out as much as you’d like. Nothing is locked yet, as it’s still completely optional to support us :smiling_face:

Regarding being a bit lost, we’re working on onboarding tutorials and other visual signs which will let new users know what the next steps are to get started :smile: Definitely valid feedback!

3 Likes

Tuesday Funday! New Lower Intermediate Levels (grammar lessons, unlocks & reading exercise), along with a ton of bugfixes!

(P.S. conjugation drill is on the way :eyes: )

4 Likes

Also, a small (or actually, pretty big?) reminder that MaruMori’s discount will be decreasing soon

1 Like

By how much?

1 Like

Just a bit! $25.00 :slight_smile: We’ll slowly be decreasing the price as we work towards launch and get more features and content in there! :smile:

2 Likes

Possibly already asked - will there be a monthly payment option?

1 Like

Yes :smile: Eventually there will be both Monthly and Yearly subscriptions.

3 Likes