I’d like to present my project Kitsun.io to you all. Kitsun is an SRS based platform which has been in development for a while now. The website is currently still in beta, but the launch date is getting close
What is it?
My goal with Kitsun.io is to deliver a web-based (better) alternative to anki, while incorporating some of the great features from Wanikani. I’ve strived to make it easy for people to understand how everything works and to create a satisfactory user interface / experience.
Here are some core features:
- Easily create your own flashcards
- Jisho.org integration with instant card generation
- Share your decks with other users
- Pick a deck from the Community Centre and start learning right away
- Sleek UI/UX
- Works everywhere and on every device (as long as you have internet)
- Very tweakable settings while having familiar default settings (similar to WK)
- Anki / TXT / CSV imports
- Full CSS3/HTML5 support for your card layouts
So, simply put, Kitsun is an online SRS-based platform where users can create decks, cards, layouts and templates and easily share them with other users.
Most of the features of anki are available on Kitsun. To make it even easier to test and perhaps switch from anki, I’ve also created an import feature. Simply upload your anki deck, TXT or CSV file and it will import everything to Kitsun.
Why the WK community and what’s in it for you?
I love WK and it’s community and you are all very familiar with the inner workings of the Spaced Repetition System, making you ideal testers.
Also, you get to use the system for free until launch, making it easier for you to test out whether you like it or not
Kitsun will be a paid platform once it launches, prices are not final yet!:
Per Month: $6.50 ($3.75 for anyone registered before 19-08-2018)
Per Year: $64.99 (2 months free) ($40.00 per year for anyone who registered before 19-08-2018)
Lifetime: $199.99 ($125.00 for anyone who registered before 19-08-2018)
- Knowledge Base complete revamp
- Landing Page Redesign
- Create more content (Kitsun Decks)
- Chinese & Korean Dictionary Card Generation
- Auto Hibernation for duplicates/WK API integration
- Korean/Russian input conversion field type for cards
- Statistics Page
- (Offline) Mobile Apps
- Kitsun Browser Extension
- Automatic audio inclusion for cards (Forvo.com)
Sounds good, how can I start?
You can register here!
Need help, have questions or feedback? We have the following options for you to use: