MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

My “vacation” just started, tomorrow I will have a day off but afterwards I will start pumping out new features :smiley:

I’m still thinking about possible layout filtering solutions.

Srs and sibling settings are incoming though!

2 Likes

I won’t start using it for a bit anyway. Life possibly just got very busy and I don’t know that I can keep up with another SRS.

By the way, how are you making sure to avoid duplicates?

Do you mean so users could, say, filter out a particular layout or something? Because that would be awesome. Although I’d still have to consider re-jigging my layouts so that they don’t give spoilers on the back, as it were.

…To be honest, I just remember pretty well what’s in there already - I’ve manually created each card, after all, and I’ve been doing lessons as I go, so I’d hope that I’d recognise a duplicate item from having reviewed it several times already! It’s only about 330 cards so far, with one chapter to go.

1 Like

For those interested. I have just published my Genki deck in the store. :+1:

Untitled

3 Likes

Release the deck! I wanna see what you have been up to!

1 Like

My account has not been activated yet but this is exactly what ill be looking for, at least you did all the hard work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Er… I’ve mostly been making the cards and doing reviews, so they’re basically just… like the defaults :sweat_smile:

Also, that deck image is freakin’ adorable.

3 Likes

@hinekidori Sorry, Has something happened with Core 10k? Are you updating or changing? I noticed a play button on picture cards etc that wasnt there before, but the pictures off to the left and on the flip cards its all seems screwy. The input card seemed fine, at least the english to japanese. But i havent gone too far in. (Also tried in different browsers - same result)

It’s probably because of an issue with the update functionality atm, I’m already looking into it! I will let you know once it’s restored back to normal!

1 Like

@LeeDavies87 Hi! Could you maybe confirm to me whether it’s working correctly again? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @neicul. I just tested it again and its working perfectly. Thank you.

2 Likes

Would importing decks from Anki keep the current SRS stats for my cards? Or does it just import card data itself and I’d have to start over?

Loving the site, will totally pay because I do indeed hate the outdated nature of Anki. But I don’t wanna start over haha.

1 Like

Anki imports currently do not transfer over progress, as the system used for SRS is quite different in Anki. It might be possible to calculate the closest interval somehow though. But right now my priority is on other features.

I understand not wanting to lose your progress though. Perhaps you could gradually shift over? E.g. doing new lessons in Kitsun and finishing your current items with Anki?

I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying it! :smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been trying to reproduce the bug regarding audio playing twice on the backside but I can not reproduce it so far. Maybe it has something to do with the userscript?

Otherwise, could you let me know on which browser/OS you are facing the issue? (I’m not sure if I asked this before, but I couldn’t find it while searching the thread).

Hello @neicul

I’m using Chrome (x32) on Windows 10 Pro (x64)

I put a video here and on further investigation it seems to be doing both the word reading the the phrase (though I was sure it was trying to play the phrase twice - unless its changed). Anyways, I put a video here. Also using Userscript for hotkey.

https://streamable.com/afvv3

(Hope that works)

1 Like

Alright, I’m pretty sure I know what’s causing it:

The deck you are using (and this layout to be specific) has two audio players on the back. One hidden (like the front of the card) and one with the button. This is something @hinekidori will have to fix in the layout(s?) of the deck and push an update for.

The reason for this is that Kitsun searches for a mediaplayer on the page and then toggles it on, however, since this layout has two audioplayers, it plays both. Kitsun itself has no way of knowing which audioplayer it should toggle on.

I’ll leave a message for Hine on the Kitsun Discord as well so he can fix it when he has some time :slight_smile:

Thanks for the swift and detailed reply!

1 Like

I registered, but I cannot use my account, I understand that I must wait for an invitation to reach me and my account will be activated, so I wouldn’t be able to test your site yet… but, am I still eligible for the discount, right?

Looking forward to test, thank you in advance

2 Likes

I pulled the vocabulary audio from the card. Let me know if it’s working correctly. :+1:

Thanks for reporting the bug!

2 Likes

Wow, That was fast. Yes, that seems to have fixed it and seems to work perfectly. I’ve tried a few cards. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, anyone who registers before 19-08-2018 will forever have the discount available. It doesn’t matter if your account got activated yet or not :slight_smile:

1 Like