MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Yep! It’s still a work in progress, but at least the base functionality is working right now :smiley: Quality of life changes and UI improvements are coming soon!

For sure! Once again thanks for pushing me towards this type of implementation!

1 Like

New activations done!

Welcome to the new testers! :smiley:

3 Likes

At @jprspereira’s request I have published a Katakana deck as well. It’s approximately 4500 katakana words indexed by common usage and placed into my Kitsun Optimized Template.

I’ve published two decks already! What madness is this!

4 Likes

That’s super cool. Where did you get the data?

Thank you for your constant hard work :smiling_face:

I just thought about something: would it be possible to make EN => JP always show up before JP => EN? Particularly for English speakers, reading katakana vocabulary and understanding its meaning comes quite easy. However, the problem is with recalling the word correctly. If EN => JP came first, we would never be spoiled with the word. Knowing EN => JP would almost guarantee that we know the word. The opposite however is not so true.

Or did you use the ability to sparse siblings? Nevertheless, I still think an ability to select which sibling comes first would be quite useful. Should we get Neicudi on this? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@neicul currently has it set up to deliver in random at a previous request from me. Perhaps he can provide this as an optional feature and then we can work on what appears first. If I’m not mistaken that is based on the 1st sibling/parent card. So if we can get that set correctly I don’t see why your request would not be possible. :+1:

Another option that I personally use is to space the siblings apart. I personally prefer the 24 hour mark, but I believe others are setting it to around 6 hours so it will appear within the same day.

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about :eyes:

I found 24 hours meant it took forever for things to level up, which was depressing me :stuck_out_tongue: and I quite like the way the 6-hour interval for 3 siblings means I get a sort of mini drill throughout the day at each level, while still requiring me to stretch my memory a bit.

It would be cool if we could force the order in which siblings appear though.

I’d also like it if the lesson quiz would drill you on all siblings before levelling the card up and putting it into your review queue, but I’m pretty happy with my system atm. I hope the ability to control sibling filtering is going to be included the ‘settings users can change’, as that seems like quite a personal preference.

1 Like

Yeah, this is definitely an optional feature.

The problem with this is that with katakana words, it risks spoiling the reading 24h beforehand. So imagine I have a katakana word that shows up after 4 months and I get the JP => EN sibling (the “easy” side). I’ve now seen the word and my EN => JP interval gets reduced to 24h. Following my thinking in my previous post, this wouldn’t be good :smiling_face: My 2c though.

I think it can easily change, depending on the type of vocab (kanji vs kana words) and on what the user is looking for. So yeah, I agree with you :v:

2 Likes

Cool, Already added @hinekidori 10k deck optimised for kitsun. Thank you.

This pictures are hard… Woman pointing at bread - i said パン but it was something like これを一つください. Then they was two woman and two men sat around a computer, looked quite interesting, at first i thought oo they must be looking at pictures from friday night, but apprantly it ment start from the start… Maybe they were looking at pictures from Friday and… This going to be fun. sure they will enforce it somehow with pictures.

1 Like

There should be audio automatically loading for the cards with pictures. I would check the deck settings to make sure it is toggled on.

What device are you using?

3 Likes

My fault i had headphones plugged in but didnt have them on.

2 Likes

So this was what happened:

@vargsvans very kindly shared a link with the anki deck (bottom down of the page):

Source mentioned: 4,470 Katakana words marked as commonly-used in Jim Breen’s April 22, 2011 version of the EDICT dictionary. Commonly-used words are marked with the (P) code in EDICT.

Then, I asked @Baggykiin for a little of his magic. He had a bot (?) of him search for all words on Bing, take note of the amount of results that showed up and then all words were ordered by decreasing order of results on Bing. Why Bing? Because apparently Google blocks the amount of API calls one can do (not sure if this is the right term), at least for free.

The bias that this new order has is giving prioritization to computer terminology. However, the deck itself comes with the tag “comp”, which accounts for around 250 words (if I remember correctly). So, not a big damage. Plus, this number includes very basic and must-know words like アドレス.

Finally, @hinekidori added his final touch and we ended with a very promising katakana deck :v:

6 Likes

-continues lurking in shadows hoping to get noticed by senpai @neicul-

:caught_durtling:

6 Likes

I’m also hoping to get lucky in the next round of activations!

2 Likes

Hi! Your account has been active for about 1.5month I think? :stuck_out_tongue:

On a general note:
Right now about 450 accounts are active, but I think about a quarter to half of them don’t know that their accounts are active :frowning: Remember that you can always check by trying to login!

3 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was checking my inbox and spam pretty often too :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Well… I’m glad I said something, thanks for letting me know :3 I was indeed able to log in, looking forward to testing it out! :fox_face::orange_heart::durtle_love:

3 Likes

I wonder where the email went then… :disappointed_relieved: Maybe it never arrived for the others as well…

Anyways, to all new testers and anyone else interested, come join our lovely discord server if you want :smile:

3 Likes

I saw that people weren’t getting emails and tested mine yesterday. Unfortunately mine hasn’t been activated yet. I’m hopeful that it will be in the next round. Thanks for what you’re doing!

1 Like

Oh, that’s great! It was such a hidden deck, so hopefully this will make it much more accessible.

Speaking of that… maybe I should try to get on this Kitsun.io thing :thinking:

3 Likes

Dooooooo ittttttttttt. Actually, I’ll be using this opportunity to recommend Kitsun to all of you. I’ve been closely following @neicul’s work since this thread was opened, and I must say that he’s willing to take this platform to a new level. The product is not a finished one obviously, but I know it will go far. There were days where he would get out of bed to reply to someone. He’s very open-minded and he’s willing to make things work. He isn’t afraid of both expressing this opinion and listening to us users. The environment created is phenomenal.

Kitsun is very young, but it’s already well developed. Neicudi pushes updates quite frequently with changes that step by step are changing the game.

I can’t wait for the next week, month, year. @neicul :slight_smile:

7 Likes