MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Going to take the website down for an update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just about to do my reviews dammit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

excited for the update, obvs

1 Like

b-but my import! :sob:

1 Like

It’s back online

New features

• None! Still working on the community deck pages. Hope to finish a first public version next week! :smiley:

Bugfixes

• Decks should now correctly display the lessons left when the “New Lessons Per Day” is set to 0.

• Default margin has been removed from fields using the {{furigana:fieldname}} fieldtype

• Internet explorer X inside input should now be gone!

• A big load of N5 content changes/improvements (thanks @EiriMatsu!)

• Lesson / Review sessions are now being cleared upon entering a new session (starting reviews/lessons). Meaning the Results page will not remember previous session items.

• Folders didn’t open on mobile. This has been fixed!

• Default templates have had their styling changed. Having a large sentence (multi-line) should not make the card bigger now

• CSV Imports didn’t work well with displayfields. This has been fixed.

• Increased the anki import timeout to prevent large decks from having a timeout during import (and therefor stopping the import)

2 Likes

New activations are done, once again a bit more than 50 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear that N5 & N4 Decks are being added. Just wonder how soon Kitsun.io will be available for subscription please?

1 Like

I talked with Neicudi about this a while back on Discord and he said he plans to release it around November.

Wow, didn’t get picked for 4 or 5 activations. Just my luck I guess :sob:
Hope to get in before the release (november?) though, possible cards are piling up :thinking:

1 Like

Like @RysingDragon said, Mid / End November is my personal goal right now. I will be on a three week vacation to Japan from the end of October until Mid November, so I’d like to launch soon afterwards :slight_smile:

@Brokenmind Sorry about that, I hope you can find the patience to wait just a little bit longer!

Maybe :wink: And just thought of another question:
Being as chaotic as I am, I might try to input the same item multiple times. Does/Can Kitsun check this and kindly inform me?

Right now, no. But it’s something I could look into in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping it will be released soon before the JLPT Dec 2018.

You can still register to the website and hope to be selected to the beta :slight_smile: I’d say that once the community decks are released (soon), this project will be high quality enough to compete with other flashcards systems around.

2 Likes

Implying that it isn’t already :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Their account was already activated in one of the earlier waves, so they could already use it for the JLPT :slight_smile:

@suying617 ^

2 Likes

Same here :confused:
Seems like a useful platform. I like the wanikani setup but want to make my own cards and such. I just not getting along with anki and memrise is okay but ehh.
Well im sure it will be worth it once released.

1 Like

There will not be an update tonight as I had some other business to attend to and I’m not finished with the community deck pages yet. I think version 1 of the community decks will be ready this weekend. It will not include reviews of decks yet, but that should be implemented the week right after :slight_smile:

Next up after this is going to be User Synonyms and Notes so you can add those to cards of community decks (which you can not personally edit). After that I want to implement the private (link) deck sharing feature and then work through all tasks in the priority/backlog lists :smile:

2 Likes

I have been enjoying the transition to using Kitsun.io for the past few weeks. Through adjusting to the site I have redone my Anki Complete 10k deck specifically for Kitsun. With @neicul about to activate the Community decks I figured this is a prime opportunity to let you all know that I will be providing my new 10k Kitsun Optimized as soon as it is available.

I’m really pleased with how my new Template turned out. For those interested here is a sample of it in action. I hope you all like it! :grin:

KitsunSample

6 Likes

Awesome. I loved your complete 10k pack for Anki, I think it was the best one out there. I’m not really a big Anki fan though, I tend to use my tablet 10" tablet for SRS and it doesnt have a big local storage and anki wants it to be local storage. Also this keeps it in one centralised place, accessible from anywhere. I’m looking forward to your Core 10 pack to properly start studying core 10k.

I admit, I tried uploading your Complete 10k__01k, It worked but not to well. On the input lets say for one, I think was like looking for 一 [いち], then i deleted the pack. I be keeping a close eye and looking forward for release.

It also looks like your enter key/or space key is working on input to go to next card (and selecting Know) instead of clicking Know or on the >, aswell as show. I haven’t been able to get this working, but disclaimer I’ve been trying on my tablet and i have been using the touchscreen to click the buttons (which the bottom buttons are kind of small). I am going to be attaching a bluetooth keyboard soon.

I haven’t really used kitsun yet, i just came to realise my account is activated [The email didn’t come through for some reason] (thank you, @neicul). I’m loving it so far and think it has big potential.

2 Likes

Since you are advertising N5 decks, decided I might as well give your service a go. Signed up, waiting for my invite now.

@neicul

Here’s some feedback on the registration process: You don’t have a TOS and a Privacy Policy. I understand that your product is still in development, but it might be a good idea to fix this, since you are preparing to roll out a community feature

:slight_smile:

Note: The above does not constitute legal advice. I am not a lawyer :slight_smile:

At least, could you tell us what kind of data you collect? I am privacy-conscious, and maybe other potential users are, too
1 Like