MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

I’m going to take down the website to do a new update. Changelog will be posted afterwards as usual!

Update is done, here are the changes:

New features:

• You can now right click or middle click any menu items/links

• Display field at layouts page: The user can now select a template field which will be used to display your cards (utilizing that layout). So for example: Choose the field vocab and the value of that field will be displayed on the lesson/review results page and the cards overview page.

• Tooltips with explanations have been added to all fields which might be unclear.

• Ordering methods have been implemented. The user can now choose from three different methods: Random, Chronologically and Index. The random option is not working yet. More information about the Index option below!

• Input now shakes upon entering a blank answer and does not flip the card.

• Japanese inputs will now autoconvert all text to hiragana if enter is pressed. So “きつn” will become "きつん”.

• Japanese input will now shake if it contains any non-japanese characters that could not be converted. It will also prevent the flipping of the page.

• Index field has been added to cards. This field lets you specify a specific order for your cards to be sorted by during lessons. The usage of this field is completely optional and only works if you use the “Index” ordering method (defined in your deck settings)

• Search text, data and viewtype (Table or Cards) will be remembered upon navigating from and to the All Cards page.

• Back button has been added to the All Cards page.

• Pressing enter in the search field will now automatically start the search for you (no more button clicking!)

• Audio autoplay is now read from the deck settings.

• Layout fields are now disabled until a template is selected

Bugfixes:

• Layout preview at Card Edit page is now working correctly.

• Logout position has changed

• Furigana now parses numbers correctly (Thanks @seanblue!)

• Default SRS Intervals have been changed

• Scroll is now reset to top upon navigation

• Security fixes

• Preview & Layouts are now cleared upon template selection @ layouts page

• Other small UI fixes / bug fixes

As always, check out the trello board for actual status of bugs/features :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sorry… When I got home that day I was so exhausted… I haven’t had a chance (rather, I haven’t had the brain power when I’ve had the time). I want to get back to it… Hopefully this weekend (I currently have lots of time).

2 Likes

No worries at all, take your time! :slight_smile:

I’m on the waiting list and very excited to test your site out. I had something similar in mind in the end of last year, but only get a login site working. So really hope your site is the perfect match for my perpose. But now 3 days silence and i hoping for a new invention wave😁 please don’t give up your great work!

I had registered at Kitsun.io. It’s been 7 days and I still haven’t get notified :man_shrugging:

It’s just because most of the testers are using a Discord server to provide feedback so that the thread doesn’t get clogged up :blush: much progress is being made, don’t worry!

@Gustel Thanks! Like @Radish8 said, the Wanikani thread is very quiet because almost all the current testers are already on the Kitsun Discord, where we discuss new features / feedback from testing.

The next update is coming tonight with a ton of new features / bugfixes.

@nanda19 There’s been an overwhelming amount of signups since this thread opened. There is a new wave of ~20 account activations every week but I can not garantee that you are included in the wave as the selection process is random.

Third wave starts tonight!

1 Like

To expand on above:

I plan on releasing two new updates (with new features and bugfixes) per week (Wednesday and Sunday) for the coming weeks.

Every Sunday after the update I will activate the next wave of accounts.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast answers! So good luck for all tonight on the waiting list😉

1 Like

Pulling the website down for the new update in about 5minutes.

Update is live, here are the changes!

New features:

• Hibernation has been added. It will suspend the card (you will not get any reviews/lessons of it) until the user awakens it again. This is a setting you can enable on your card. This can be done either during reviews, lessons, the card edit page or the table view on the all cards page.

• Awaken has been added to the cards edit page, functionality as described above.

• Nap can now be clicked during lessons or reviews. Clicking it will temporarily suspend the card for your current review/lesson session. The next time you do your reviews/lessons or reload the page it will be in there again.

• You can now also instantly go to the card you are currently learning or reviewing by hitting the Edit button. All the above features are located under a Actions button. Clicking it will show a list of all actions.

• Mass management tools have been added to the table view on the all cards page. You can now delete or hibernate multiple cards with one button click!

• Number inputs have been overhauled and look (and feel) different!

• Randomized lesson ordering is now supported! (Make sure your deck has the order method set correctly)

• Reviews are now randomly ordered by default.

• You can now select a field to be used as your card ordering index during anki imports. I.e. If your “Index” field in anki is the first field, then please enter 1 under the advanced tab. If you don’t know what this means, please do not touch the field!

• Japanese input now accepts both Katakana and Hiragana. Also, no automatic capitalization anymore :slight_smile:

Bugfixes

• Speed has been improved on the all cards page

• Updating a template with new fields will now show the new fields on all previously created cards utilizing that template.

• Large anki decks should now import correctly and show correct progress during import.

• The layout preview has been fixed for both the edit & new card page.

• Some other small fixes

As always, please take a look at the trello board (link in first post) to see the current status regarding bugs and new features.

4 Likes

Starting third wave activations very soon!

I’ll post here once I’m done.

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the situation with Hine’s 10k deck! So far, everything seems to be working! :grin:

3 Likes

How long does it take to import now?

Took me 23mins :crazy_face:

1 Like

almost 50k cards and 34k media files (around 850mb)… I don’t think I can make it much faster :frowning:

For decks without a large amount of media it should be way faster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next: import 2 decks at the same time :joy:

1 Like

No.
min char counts to post are annoying

2 Likes

I’m going to test out my 15k deck…

2 Likes