MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Adding img upload at layouts and the deck description margin to my list :grin:

2 Likes

The Trello board says youā€™ve finished renaming the SRS levels. Itā€™s not updated on my end. Is it that the latest version is not yet live?

Correct, Iā€™m currently busy fixing the 10k anki deck import. I expect to do a update tonight with everything Iā€™ve been able to do today and yesterday evening.

When I update the live version, I will move all done tasks in the trello lists to the corresponding release list (just like the 18-05-2018 list) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bug:

At the end of a lesson review session, hitting return when the ā€˜all lessons are done!ā€™ message is visible interacts with the review screen still visible behind the popup, rather than interacting with the ā€˜okā€™ button in the popup. It doesnā€™t seem to do this for a normal review session? Sorry for the lack of helpful informationā€¦

Question:

I broke everything. Please help. I was trying to play around with the layouts because I donā€™t understand the fields in the ā€˜WK - Expression - Meaningā€™ and ā€˜WK - Reading - Vocabā€™ layouts (more on that later).

I renamed the layouts before editing and stupidly thought that saving them would create new layouts because they had new names (this was genuinely really stupid of me because obviously you can edit the names of existing layouts, but it would be nice if there was some kind of ā€˜save as newā€™ functionalityā€¦), but of course Iā€™ve just overwritten the defaults :sob: is there any way to restore my set of layouts to the defaults? I donā€™t care if all my cards and decks end up wiped, as I only have weird testing cards in there anyway.

Iā€™m so sorry :anguished:

On the plus side, at least you know now that new users can be idiots and completely mess up their accounts!

So thatā€™s where I was seeing the error logs come from! I know exactly what is happening now, thanks!

Regarding your question:
I will help you out, give me a sec :slight_smile:

But regarding those templates, I am not including the WK templates/layouts made by @hinekidori anymore for next testers (any specific questions regarding that layout might be better directed at him instead). I am currently designing new layouts/templates and will make these the default starting sets (as was my plan from the start).

They should be a bit simpler to start off with (less fields) and can be used for general purposes instead of just Japanese.

Edit:
Also, donā€™t be sorry. Just means it isnā€™t clear enough!

Edit2:
Btw, your account is totally fine, you can always import or create other layouts :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank youuuuuuuuuu! Yeah, I figured it was probably a question more for hinekidori. I was gonna try to work through my confusion by editing the layouts myself, but I just ended up causing chaos :sweat_smile:

More simple default layouts (which are a little more suped up than the simple ones provided atm) would be awesome. I donā€™t need most of the fields in the current ones. All I want is english, japanese and reading, haha.

Iā€™m glad my random bug report was helpful too :wink:

1 Like

Did you edit all of them or just a few? If so, do you know which ones? :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, I think it was just:

• WK - Expression - Meaning
  • WK - Reading - Vocab

I might have the order of the words wrong, but obviously I canā€™t check what they were called :stuck_out_tongue: if you need to know what theyā€™re called now, theyā€™re the ones called ā€˜Radish - somethingā€™.

It should be fixed now, please check if everything works :smiley:

You know where to find me! :wink::grin:

3 Likes

All looks good, thank you so much! I guess the actual cards might have been affected weirdly, but Iā€™ll let you know if they do anything strange when the next set of reviews comes up.

Did you also edit the templates? if not, everything should work the way like it did before (as the card data is still untouched)

Nope, I was just changing (trying to change!) which fields appear where in the layouts.

Oh, very quick thought I had:

I think that when looking at an individual deck, the font size for the deck description should be small enough that if the description fit onto the tile in the overview screen of all decks, it should also fit on the banner at the top of the individual deck.

Um, let me know if that doesnā€™t make senseā€¦

I think I get what you mean, but the issue is that device width is very different across devices/screens. My ā€œUltra widescreenā€ monitor has a lot more space in that field than my 2nd normal monitor next to it for example.

Ah, yeah, I seeā€¦ And even if you did make the text smaller so that it fits for a greater range of widths, it then wouldnā€™t match up with the ā€˜lessonsā€™, ā€˜reviewsā€™ text etc. Well, I donā€™t like it, but I donā€™t see what you can do about it either :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you make the whole description appear on hover, just in that view? For some reason that would leave me feeling better than just being unable to see the end at all.

I could implement a small tooltip or something later :slight_smile:

Edit:
Iā€™ll do it when I create the help tooltips.

2 Likes

Waah @Radish8, you be killinā€™ it wif dem massive feedbacks, bruv.
tenor

4 Likes

Has anybody else tried creating multiple cards at once (using the ā€˜select multiple layoutsā€™ feature) yet?

Iā€™ve got some weird behaviour and Iā€™m not sure whether itā€™s related to that or whether I messed up editing these layouts:

I created two cards at once. For some reason the ā€˜Lessonsā€™ counter did not update, so continued to say ā€˜0ā€™ even though it happily gave me the appropriate lessons when I clicked into lessons.

Then, I went through the ā€˜lessonsā€™ fine. When I got to reviewing my lessons though, I got the answer of the first item correct, and then was unable to move the process forward. Neither return nor clicking on the proceed arrow would let me go to the next item. I donā€™t think this is because of the layouts, because I made individual cards with my layouts that all worked, but itā€™s quite possible Iā€™ve broken something :grin:

Itā€™s such a slick website that I feel these little things matter :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes