MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Going to take the website down for a big update soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s back online, going to write the changelog and activate accounts :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New Features:

• Added an audio field to the default Kitsun templates and layouts

• A strict input field type has been added. Using this input in your layouts will NOT count typos as correct. This means that whatever you input needs to be the same as the actual answer. You can add it with the following code in your layout: {{spellcheck:fieldname}}. This field can be useful when learning other languages (such as french) which use the latin alphabet.

• Added a customizable hotkey for playing audio during lessons/reviews. By default this is bound to R

• Added a customizable hotkey for ignoring the answer you put in. By default this is bound to ESC

• Scroll position will now be remembered upon coming back to the All cards page after editing a card.

• Select box @ all cards table view has been made bigger

• When saving a card and loading the same default set as before, the thumbnails will not have to reload anymore.

• A card can now be demoted to level 0 which resets all your current progress on the card. This also means that it will show up in your lesson queue again.

• The details page of a community deck in the store will now show a ā€œGo to deckā€ button if you already own it (or if you just added it)

• The index field for a card now automatically increases from your previous value upon saving a card. Note that this only works if you actually use the index field and itā€™s value is greater than -1.

• The Kitsun Default layouts have gotten some extra features. An animation has been added when flipping the card (front and back). A ā€œMore informationā€ button has been added to the backside which will show you all information if you click on it. This information is now hidden by default during reviews and during the quiz part of the lessons. The reason for this is that otherwise the information might spoil the siblings which use the same values.

• The above mentioned button/toggle functionality can now also be used in your own layouts! This is how:

• Make a html element for the button. Give it the class expand_button. Give it the following attribute: data-expand='<number>'
    • Give whatever you want to be toggled the following attribute: data-content='<number>'

What it will do is search for the corresponding html to toggle based on the numbers in the data attributes. Here is a small example (can also be found in the default layouts if you want to take a look):

Button:

<div class="expand_button" data-expand="1">
        More information<i class="fa fa-angle-down"></i>
      </div>

Content to be hidden or shown:

<div class="expand_content" data-content="1">

-Iā€™ve also added the following classes: reviews_wrapper, lesson_wrapper and quiz. These will be available based on which part of the lessons or reviews you are at. So if you wish to do specific styling based on that, it is now possible. E.g. hiding the content by default during reviews and the quiz part, but showing it during lessons.

Bugfixes:

• Removed delay from lightning mode

• The progress bar will now leave hibernated cards out of the percentage calculation. (So no more 99% while the other 1% is hibernated)

• During lessons and reviews, template fields which have been added AFTER creating cards with that template, will now be parsed correctly. Meaning you will not see any more {{fieldname}} tags if the card was created before that field was added to the template.

• Filter Siblings setting: During reviews a layout which was already done could be picked. This has been fixed.

• Tags now show up again on the ā€œGridā€ view of the All cards page.

• Published decks can now not be published more than once.

Time for activations!

3 Likes

Postponing activations a bit, found two bugs I want to fix before activations :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Activations done! Welcome to yet another 100 users :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The lightning mode is perfect now :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Arigatooooooooo

1 Like

Iā€™ve just sent an email to everyone who has an activated account since a lot of people told me that they never got an activation email.

But now it seems like the email got sent three times (instead of 0). Iā€™m so sorry for the spam! :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

3 is better than 0? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather have sent 0 than 3 emails to be honest!

Haha. You probably should have asked for some guinea pigs to test it on. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I tested it 10 times with my local database users without any problems, but it seems that the call I did to the live api was executed three times for some reasonā€¦

1 Like

how many people are in the queue? just wondering how far down i am :slight_smile:

You are 840th, atm there are ~650 accounts activated and in total there are ~950.

Every week Iā€™m activating 100 extra accounts. So your activation should be coming in the following weeks :slight_smile:

Didnā€™t bother me, I was just happy to be activated :smiley: Good thing you were notified of the missing emails.

3 pieces of input so far:

• [Bug] when I increase the amount of new lessons per day for a deck, it doesnā€™t seem to apply to the current day. I did 5 lessons in a deck, increased to 10 lessens per day, am not able to do 5 more lessons
  • [Feature Request] On the ā€œall cardsā€ View, it would be great if every card tile had a button to quickly hibernate/reactivate the card.
  • [Suggestion] When I tried to log in after receiving my 3 emails, I seemed to not be able to remember my password. Turns out, I probably did, but had forgotten that the site requires an uppercase letter. If the ā€œyour credentials do not matchā€-message could contain the password rules, Iā€™m sure that would help some people remember their pw. I know itā€™s not the safest thing to do, but many people use similar/same passwords and just add a symbol or uppercase letter when a site requires it.
2 Likes

HI!

• This is actually kind of done intentional, the lessons unlocked stack each day, so if you fail to do them for a few days, you will have a large amount of lessons waiting for you. I kinda prefer people to set good limits and use the following feature to unlock more lessons if they really feel like learning more:

• You can click on the lock (where the lesson counter used to be) to unlock more lessons right away (it will open a popup in which you can specify how many).
  • You can click the ā€œtable viewā€ button (top left) to switch to the table view instead of the grid view. This view allows you to select any cards you want and then hibernate or awake them all at once (among other mass edit functionality). I can implement your request though, if you feel like that might be nice to have as well :slight_smile:

• This is done for security reasons, stating the password requirements makes it easier for people with malicious intentions to get into someoneā€™s account.

Many thanks for the suggestions/report so far, Iā€™m glad the emails didnā€™t bother you haha :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! All of that seems plausible :slight_smile: Sorry for all of it being unwarranted/unnecessary, haha. Iā€™ll see if I can find a real issue.

1 Like

Awesome that my account is active now, Iā€™ll check it out tonight.
Blowing up my email box though xD

1 Like

Iā€™m terribly sorry about that! I noted above that it seems to have sent 3 emails to all activated accounts instead of 1 :\

All I can say is that it definitely wonā€™t happen again!

1 Like

No problem! Canā€™t wait to try it out though.

2 Likes