MaruMori.io & Kitsun.io - [UPDATE: ALL ABOARD THE N3 TRAIN] - Grammar SRS, Grammar Lessons, Reading Exercises, Vocabulary, Kanji and more!

Am I the only one that actually got the email? :stuck_out_tongue:

(btw until I went back and read the message I totally forgot that support email was a thing)

1 Like

Are you certain the emails arenā€™t failing to send? 100% i definitely didnā€™t receive my activation email, i searched everywhere including spam.

1 Like

II have also never received any email and my email account is programmed to have spam sent to the inbox (itā€™s a bold move, I know).

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m in. Not sure what to do now that I am but Iā€™ll take a look again when I have more time.

According to my mailing service, the mails have been sent and have not been bounced/rejectedā€¦

@deadhippo you can either start building your own deck and cards, or choose one of the community decks to start learning right away :slight_smile: If you need further help, thereā€™s a (WIP) quickstart on the help page or otherwise just ask what youā€™d like to know in this thread or on our discord.

I registered on May 27th, 2018. Up until now my account hasnā€™t been activated.

A bit more than 50% of all user accounts registered are currently activated. Last week I intentionally did not activate any accounts due to some big changes I was making in the backend. Tonight I will double the activations amount (it will be 100 accs).

Iā€™m sorry for the wait, but I really can not let everyone in right away. Perhaps once we get to some further stages of testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TL;DR ā†’ Double amount of activations incoming, but postponing new update until tomorrow

Okay so, Iā€™ve got good news and Iā€™ve got bad news:

Good news:

Activating 100 new accounts now! Iā€™ll post here once done :slight_smile:

Bad news:

I managed to finish the new publishing flow (only 1 copy instead of 2) and the ā€œpush update to community deckā€ functionality (click update to instantly update the community deck for all users, with new cards or updated content, layouts etc). However, I did not have enough time to test the functions yet, and seeing as they can completely screw up the database if something is wrong, Iā€™m postponing the Kitsun Update until tomorrow.

2 Likes

How do we pay for the subscription before in order to enjoy the discount rate please? There is no subscription button at Kitsun.io :rofl:

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to pay anything yet :slight_smile: As long as you registered before (activated or not, doesnā€™t matter) the deadline, the discount will count for you once Kitsun launches.

3 Likes

100 Activations done!

Welcome to all new testers!

3 Likes

That said, please try to log in if you registered a long time ago. Apparently not everybody is getting the activation emails. The easiest way to check is by trying to log in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Update Done

New features:

• Altered publishing flow for community decks. Instead of two copies, the system now creates only one. This means that your original deck will become the reference for the community deck (the copy). Meaning that any change you make in your original deck, can be ā€œpushedā€ to the community deck right straight away.

• Which brings me to the following: You can now push updates to your community decks! Press the update button on the deck settings page next to the publish button and it will start the update process. Every user thatā€™s using the deck at the moment, will instantly get all changes without having to do anything :smiley:

• Store - Correctly shows ā€œNo decks foundsā€ after searching returns an empty results

• Store - Added a big new button that indicates that there are more decks in that category than currently shown

Bugfixes:

• Community Deck detail page - audio now works in the card previews

• Disallow input while flipping the cards to prevent skipping cards by accident

• Focus should now correctly reset after hitting hibernate during reviews/lessons

• <p> wrapper has been removed from furigana fields

• Deck level (for folder structure) is now set to 0 when publishing

• Fixed a bug which prevented the layout thumbnails from loading

• Non-number index fields should not break the import anymore

There are changes incoming regarding the way decks are split across pages. So if you publish a deck now, donā€™t panic about it moving to a different page. I want to implement the following:

• Have one page for all decks

• On top have a filter (community / published / original / reviews / lessons ) which can be clicked to filter the results

3 Likes

@Radish8 Now you have no excuses!

2 Likes

@KeeperofMee :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Itā€™s nearly done anyway :grin: but yes, this even means I donā€™t really have to worry about whether itā€™s, like, usable or not, haha - I can always fix it!

Now all we need is for users to be able to change the SRS settings, cos I donā€™t anticipate many other people liking my 6-hour interval sibling filtering :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What types of cards do you have anyway? Iā€™d only want the Reading and Meaning cards like WaniKani. Would you even want to delay those siblings?

1 Like

Ah, I have recall cards too (EN > JP), just because I find it helps me to remember the words even better.

If there was a way to duplicate decks I could easily create a ā€˜readingā€™ version and remove the sibling filtering though :thinking: @neicul

2 Likes

But thatā€™s 50% more work than I want to do! :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha, yep, itā€™s a lot of reviews! But they fly by because I know them from context :wink:

Iā€™ll release the deck anyway in a day or so, so you can at least have a look at it, but I guess weā€™ll have to see what kinds of powers are granted to users / whether neicul bestows deck duplication upon us :grin:

2 Likes