Keeping track of your readings

It’s the other way around. Japanese kouhai respect you, so they’re too shy to do the approach.

7 Likes

They also seem to have removed me again now, so you don’t have too feel too jealous!

2 Likes

I love how you can mention your blood type :joy: #SoJapanese

7 Likes

That random account also added me and I ended up adding them, because I though it was someone from here… realised it wasn’t and removed them a while later.

1 Like

Also created a mangare page:
https://www.mangare.net/mypage/52845
The interface seems to be more convenient to deal with multiple manga volumes but it’s a shame that you can’t see other people’s progress.

Saw people deleted their manga from bookmeter pages and am going to do the same thing because I think bookmeter wasn’t supposed to be used for manga and it looks messy with all those multiple volumes. But for the last 6 months or so I’ve been concentrated entirely on reading manga in order to reach my 100 manga volumes goal, so if I delete them now my page will look kind of empty :sweat_smile: Well, I plan to start reading books once I reach that goal (93/100 at the moment) and once I have 20 books on the profile - goodbye all the manga from bookmeter and goodbye 100+ entries :sob:

Also this:

Who were we then?
aishou

6 Likes

At least in has Aria the Masterpiece. AniList only has the original Aqua and Aria. :cry:

I don’t read much more manga than books, so I’ll probably keep mine on bookmeter for now.

2 Likes

Oh yeah about that. I was browsing the site on mobile and it seemed to show reading progress on other people’s profiles?

It makes no sense. But at least there’s a way, and probably means there’s a way to expose that information via a userscript or something.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I won’t be making a mangare account just yet :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Also, my mangare page looks like a completionist’s nightmare.

10 Likes

Hehe, good thing I’m not a completionist either.

3 Likes

Mangare doesn’t have the manga I’m currently reading. :joy: Guess it’s too little known for them? It’s on bookmeter, but since that seems connected to Amazon it’s no wonder.

Hope to raise my Manga consumption by a good amount, so made an account ostly preemptively.

Everyone’s reading so much - hope to join you soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could always try adding it! https://www.mangare.net/comic/register

1 Like

Ooh, that’s cool! I’ll do that when I get back tonight. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that only manga you read in Japanese? Holy snap.

1 Like

Yes. To be fair, I reached the point where I could just binge read back in 2012, and I was already reading stuff before.
There’s more, but

• I can’t remember the title. I can eventually figure them out through Google fu, but it’s annoying.
  • I have read parts before coming to Japan in my native language, and then switch to reading in Japanese (e.g. One Piece, Gantz, Last order), however, I want to only have stuff I read in Japanese in my list… Hm, どうしよう.
1 Like

You read all of Nana, right?

1 Like

Yes, in both languages.

1 Like

I finally went and tracked down approximately when I finished all the manga I’d read so I could put it in bookmeter properly. It was really bothering me that they weren’t in order because the 不明 books were at the bottom. I went through three book club threads and history from MAL and AniList to get all that information. :joy:

But it was totally worth it because now I know everything I’ve read and when.

11 Likes

Does anyone know if bookmeter has ratings for individual books? Google keeps trying to convince me that it does.

Is this it here in tiny text at the bottom of the page? It seems to at least be what Google is grabbing.

Other (good) books (manga specifically) are at like 25-40% so I feel like that can’t possibly be a rating… I don’t exactly know if 評価 would mean “rating” in this context (or if it’s used in that way ever). I know Japanese reviews are often harsher than English reviews on average, but that still seems pretty extreme.

Bookmeter does not allow to give a score, so the percentage means something else.

Looking around, I found other people asking about it on chiebukuro, but no answer was convincing.

My take is that it means that, out of all the people who have said to have read the book on bookmeter, 63% have posted a comment about it. It’s impossible to check directly, since we only have the number of people who registered the book (ie “reading”, “wants to read”, etc) and the total number of reviews :woman_shrugging:

1 Like