Keeping track of your readings

Wow! This might be nice to keep track of all the book clubs and stuff

You’ve only read 28 books? Are you not adding manga I guess?

Guess I need to make an account now.

I do not add manga, no. That would be quite an undertaking to add them all :thinking:

Alright, I did the thing.

https://bookmeter.com/users/972281

Hmm…

That’s quite a pile you have there.

To be fair, nearly half of the 積読 list is my newly purchased 放浪息子 set.

Here’s mine!
https://bookmeter.com/users/972090

Saaame This isn’t even all of them :eyes: And it doesn’t include the 4 volumes of 放浪息子 I just ordered, either Someone help me
tsundoku

@Darcinon Now that I can stalk what people are reading, I see that you’re reading 霧のむこうのふしぎな町. What do you think so far? How does it compare in difficulty to 時をかける少女?

Omg so this is why I saw a flood of people adding people.

Add me~☆~: https://bookmeter.com/users/962464

Wow, you seem to read quite fast! :open_mouth:

I don’t read fast, I just read a lot. :nerd_face:

Apparently there is a bookmeter iPhone app, at least in the U.S. App Store. It’s all in Japanese, so presumably it’s available in Japan too. No idea what other regions might have it. Seems to work pretty well so far.

The interesting thing is that it even changes the iPhone menus to Japanese, like カット and コピー, even though my phone is still set to English. I didn’t even know apps could do that.

I’ve told you that I’m reading 霧のむこうのふしぎな町 twice already xD

It’s not too hard, I’ve learned some nice vocab like 町並み、耕運機、リヤカー、田圃
I even learned some words in the first chapter that showed up later in 時をかける少女, specifically 家出 and おまわりさん.

The grammar is pretty easy, nothing stood out to me as being difficult grammar-wise so far.

The hardest part so far is understanding the countryside accent, which has sentence-enders like べ and お, and adds dakuten everywhere - からー>がら, etc.

I haven’t read that much yet because I’ve been prioritizing 時 and some English novels and A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar. Now I’m not sure whether to try to finish it or 膵臓 first lol

You expect me to remember that? :sweat_smile:

Anyway, thanks for the info. Sometime this year I’d like to read my first book on my own. It’ll either be that, Penguin Highway, or 魔法少女育成計画.

Another thing I noticed is that 霧のむこうのふしぎな町 uses the word ぼんやり fairly often, but not quite as often as 時をかける少女 lol

Just finished chapter 1! It only has 8 chapters, I guess it’s like 君の膵臓をたべたい and has long chapters.

Does it allow you to mark books as reread/to add multiple read dates? :thinking: I’m already a pretty dedicated Goodreads user, so I’m trying to decide if this would be a worthwhile addition for me, and I’m expecting to reread some of the stuff I’ve read over the past couple of years when I’m at a higher level.

Yes, it allows re-read :slight_smile:

Thank you!

I can’t remember when I read anything…
I might have to use it to keep track of books i’m currently reading and i finish in the future
edit: i realise now that the 不明 overrides the date entered. so that’s good haha