Kanji/vocab reading saying On'yomi and Kun'yomi instead?

Is there a way to change it from asking for Kanji or Vocabulary reading to asking for On’yomi and Kun’yomi instead?

1 Like

Not all kanji ask for an on’yomi, and not all vocab ask for kun’yomi, so a 1 on 1 replacement wouldn’t be possible.

That said, you’ll soon get a better feel for when it asks for either.

2 Likes

Its always been my struggle but, after a year of studying japanese, this site in the one month I’ve been using it has been the best method I’ve found. Things I’ve struggled with for months I was able to pick up much faster and retain it. That said… it still irks me when it asks for kanji reading and I get the box saying “wanikani is looking for the on’yomi!” >_< lol

1 Like

This would be giving you more information for free, so yeah, it wouldn’t really be in line with the idea of testing your knowledge of the items.

When it’s a kanji item, there’s no penalty for giving the opposite reading, so it shouldn’t be that big of an issue. For vocab items, it’s like giving a hint if you said which reading was used.

1 Like

Hmm true… more studying it is then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.