Kanji review visual bug

Hi, I seem to have found a shading/coloring? bug. While doing reviews every time I come across the “failure” kanji, it looks a bit discolored, however the review works perfectly fine and its probably just a visual bug. The kanji also looks fine everywhere else.
Edit: Im using Macbook Mojave 10.14.3, and Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100

What could be helpful is if you tell WK your browser/OS version and other pertinent information

1 Like

Oh my bad, sure! Im using Macbook Mojave 10.14.3, and Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100

1 Like

Since 敗 comes directly from a font, this is almost certainly a graphics driver issue.
Try going to chrome://settings/, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Advanced’, then scroll to the bottom and turn off this setting:

If that fixes it, try upgrading your graphics driver and re-enable hardware acceleration in Chrome.

Having hardware acceleration ON is good, generally, so if you decide to turn it off, make a note for yourself to check back in a few weeks or months to see if the bug has been fixed in Chrome or the graphics driver, so you can re-enable hardware acceleration.

4 Likes

That might fix it, I cant really check since it only looks discolored in my reviews. But as you say, its not something big for me to turn off my hardware acceleration. Thanks though!
Edit: It doesnt bother me at all by the way, I just thought since its a bug maybe the devs here would like to squash it :wink:

Another possible cause is that you washed your coloured kanji together with your white kanji in the washing machine.

7 Likes

The same goes for some of my clothes too unfortunately :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.