Kaniwani privacy error

Hello, I don’t know if there’s anyone around here who can help with this, but this morning when I tried to log into Kaniwani I got a privacy error and couldn’t get into the site at all. Here’s the text of the error message:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.kaniwani.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

@Tadgh11 Did you forget to renew?

Yes, their certificate expired like 30mins ago… You can’t do anything, you have to wait till they fix it.
(Doing anything means putting your computer at risk, better wait)

If you click advanced, you can proceed to the site anyway. However to my understanding your connection won’t be secured, so it would be better to wait.

Hmm it should have auto renewed. Bad timing, since I’m currently out at breakfast. I’ll have it fixed within the hour

If anyone wants to get in touch with us quickly in future, the contact page on KW or saying hello in our slack channel is generally the best way to get our attention.

https://rauchg-slackin-iurjmkotad.now.sh/

Alright we’re back. every time with LE theres some issue using the auto-updater. Eugh. Sorry about that folks.

Thank you!! (I can’t face the day without my Kaniwani :sweat_smile:)

I’ve been having the exact same problem for the past few hours. Any input?

Same here. I’m getting an “unsafe connection” warning on both my devices. And reviews had already piled up yesterday… shoulda done them when I had the chance :wink:

Yeah, @Tadgh11 looks like your cert expired again. Still haven’t sorted your autorenew issues, I guess?

honestly letsencrypt is a nightmare. fixed.

I’m not a letsencrypt expert but I’ve implemented it before successfully. I’d be happy to help troubleshoot if you need or want a second set of eyes on anything.

You can email me at my username @ gmail if you want.

Eh I was being dramatic. It’s a lingering permissions issue on the server that I just haven’t had time to fix. Thanks though.