Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

New word for the session. Also the progress bar on the top doesn’t quite make it to the end, as though there’s one item left, before the circle kicks in. I haven’t like measured a session to make sure it starts and ends in the same 15 min interval but it’s always been 1 word and the progress bar knows something is up so I’m pretty sure.

I have been “sorta logged-in”, seeing my review amount and other account-related options in the top bar but couldn’t click them. Tried the incognito tab. It did generate a new link but that yields the same result. I guess I could just open a new account but it’s still a weird behavior.

It seems like something with the link is wrong.
I’ll look into it and let you know when fixed!

@Partholingo Your [c] shortcut should be live when you’ve updated.

@marikaefer Password-reset link is fixed now, you may need to reload the page to get the update though. It should look like the login screen except the form will be a single field with “New Password” and a “Reset” button.

Also, keep in mind that when you reset WK it doesn’t affect KW SRS. You can reset your KW progress to a specific level in the settings though if you want to.

1 Like

@acm2010 @Skywarp21 @bblum Still not entirely sure what’s causing this.
If in some cases it’s just a single review becoming ready during the session, then that’s fine and working as expected. If it’s something that was meant to be present in the session… then yeah… annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to narrow down possibilities… do you all have autoadvance on or off?

autoadvance off.

it doesn’t always happen btw. i’m trying to start paying attention to whether i cross a 15min boundary whenever it happens after all.

Worked like a charm, thank you very much for your help.

I have auto-advance off as well. I just notices that from the reviews summary screen I have 48 reviews, but when I do “begin session” the counter is only 47. But I actually finished 48 reviews and didn’t get +1 review this time.

Yes, I also have autoadvance off.
I haven’t seen anything amiss since my last post though.

That’s simply because the current question isn’t included in the “incoming/remaining” count once you start. Otherwise it felt weird that on your last question you would still see 1 and expect another question to appear.

i had it happen again just now such that the final flashcard’s text showed up on screen before it autoadvanced to the results screen, but didn’t give me a chance to answer it. again the top progress bar accounted for that card (never filled up all the way), but still the session crossed over a xx:30 time. so continuing my quest to reproduce it without that last part, but i feel like this means the card must have been loaded at the start of the session?

Just a heads up, WK removed/changed/added a bunch of words today.
We’ll get onto merging the changed ones, and adding the additional pitch, sentence data etc when we next have some free time.

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this on my account at all :confused:

It should only redirect to the results screen if there is nothing left in your loaded* queue (there can still be reviews on the server that recently came up that haven’t been loaded yet - unless you timeout and/or refresh the quiz page), and there’s no current question. Trying to figure out how the final card could have flashed up and it still wanted to redirect you…

All of a sudden, I don’t manage to log in any more :sob:. Anything I can do? Already missing my KW reviews!

could there be an option to make the reviews timeline have 15 minute increments (to match the review increments) instead of 1 hour? i could provide more detail if so

Have you tried Resetting your password on the welcome page?

There’s no benefit to doing your reviews as quickly as possible though. Apart from being super precise, is there much difference/importance in knowing (5 reviews at 3:30pm + 7 reviews at 3:45pm) vs the current (12 reviews by 4pm)?

Edit: oh you meant to provide info on the extra review at end of quiz.
It’d be better for me to just enable extra debugging/logging for your account only and look through everything that occurs. When I have some free time >_<

1 Like

It works now! Many thanks :blush::blush::blush:!!!

Minor issue but when you’re training new items, if you get it wrong at first but then get it right it doesn’t increase the number next to the ✓
It still decreases the remaining items though

1 Like

For some reason it was set to display correct items, instead of all completed items (despite the fact the tooltip says “Items complete”).

I probably had a valid reason for this… I think… maybe… once upon a time I may have been doing some magic to tally complete items via the correct bucket.

Anyway, changing to “Items complete” properly in next update :smiley:

1 Like