Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but it shows me zero lessons or reviews even though I should have lessons. Could it have something to do with the fact that I reset my level on WK?

Thanks!

Hehe thanks! :slight_smile: Funnily enough I never press elevator buttons or traffic light buttons multiple times, but the items I get wrong are usually those that have the same(-y) English meaning and multiple Japanese words, so I just rattle them off in my head and enter one of them xD

Additionally, don’t know if anybody already posted this, but you can avoid the input going to romaji instead of hiragana on mobile by pressing n twice, since the problem only happens after n.

How long ago did you reset? We don’t sync on demand, but about ~12 hours.

Check you have Follow Wanikani toggled on, the relevant levels are unlocked, and try logging out and in again.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s been over 5 days, I have Follow WaniKani turned on and I logged out and in again, to no avail.

Also, I’m trying to review from level 1 onwards, on everything that is guru and up. I am currently on level 2, so this should not be a problem.

Are there words in level 1 vocabulary page on KW?
If so, you probably need to reset KW in settings.

Resetting your WK account doesn’t affect our SRS - just which words are available to unlock.
All your KW words from before you reset WK will still be at whatever SRS they were at.

I’ve figured it out. I’m a moron. Please ignore me. Thank you.

Hello kind sirs. I was wondering if there is any particular key that I can press to stop auto-advance.

As per my knowledge, i have to click anywhere in the info panel to halt the process.
Problem is…by the time i get my mouse over there and click it is gone. :weary:. It is a short-ish Interval. Like some of my WK/KW brethren I am impatient and can’t wait to get to the next question / I even press enter to expedite the process sometimes :flight_departure:.

If you do not have it as a feature and it is not a headache, could you please add that to the list of tweaks (maybe a specific letter for it).

Thanks in advance!

Gawsh, you want yer cake and eat it too!

Have implemented this under [c] for cancel, it’ll appear as part of the next update in the next few days (you can check the “about” page shortcuts section to confirm you’ve updated) though I’ll create a dashboard news item too.

1 Like

I thought the stale synonyms were being removed now? 基本 still shows those old synonyms of mine. Could it be something weird with Wanikani? Like maybe I need to add them back to Wanikani, wait a day for the KW sync, remove them from Wanikani, and then wait one more day?

Much obliged and ありがとうございます.

You’ll have to check in with @Tadgh11 about that.

Finally getting back to using KaniWani after like a year, it looks great!

I have the option to follow WaniKani selected, but I’m still stuck on the level I was last time I used it (17), instead of my current WaniKani level. Should this update itself over time? I wasn’t sure if the API key still matched so I just copy pasted it in again, maybe it will update on the daily update?

Yes if you haven’t used it in a long time, we don’t sync your account automatically anymore. This should resolve itself in under 12 hours. Come to think of it, i should probably add a sync on fresh login of stale accounts. Sorry about that! Also, make sure your API key is up to date, and you have “Follow Wanikani” enabled.

Cheers

2 Likes

All good, I figured it would be something like that. Updated key, did my reviews of the old levels, tomorrow I’ll get back at it :slight_smile:

it seems like in the last day or three all my review sessions are ending (going to results page automatically) with exactly 1 thing still left in the queue. anybody else experience this?

1 Like

Yes, I have seen this happen a couple of times. I thought at the time it was just another item which had become due, but it’s always been just the one item so I dunno.

Something else I noticed in the last few days: if I haven’t reloaded the page recently and reviews pop up, then the amount I end up doing might not match the number advertised. Sometimes I think I even end up going beyond the amount I’m supposed to be doing. Hitting “Wrap Up” even shows a negative number. Very odd.
I’ll try and get some screen shots next time.

1 Like

I have recently returned to learning Kanji, reset my WK level to 1 and wanted to start doing KW again as well. Couldn’t remember my password from before so I reset it. However, upon using the reset-link sent to my email, I was taken to a page with my username and some password already filled in and I just hit OK. That got me logged in, but a day later I realized that I never actually set a new password myself.
So when I try to reset again, the link in the mail just takes me to the usual interface offering register/login/reset. No page to set a new password. Any idea what’s happening there, @Tadgh11?

@bblum @Skywarp21

Not quite sure what’s going on there. It is possible that there was only 1 review which became ready during your session (which won’t be included in your queue until you exit to the summary page). Would need some more info (IE: was it a word that you did answer in your session, or was it a new word?)

@marikaefer
I think you’re now being automatically logged in with your saved details. Also, the link received in the reset email is one-time use only. Can you try using an incognito/private browsing window to use the reset form to generate another email link - and set a new password with that?

The “1 review” happened several times for me now, I got a closer look now. I think it was already in the queue from the start (counter was not 0 when exiting) and it was new (I haven’t touched it yet in the session). After finishing the next to last review it was loading a bit with a spinning circle, maybe even showing the last one for an instant, then thinking better of it and going to the summary page. Clicking the 1 review again works as expected.