Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

Please try clearing out your cache if you are having any issues contacting the server. There were some small issues deploying. If it works in an incognito tab, just go ahead and clear your cache. If it still doesnt work, contact me with your account info and I will check it out for you :slight_smile:

Cache cleared I’m still seeing error contacting server.

|Vivaldi|1.14.1077.55 (Stable channel) (32-bit)|
|Revision|46ff8f974f033190bbae67a70c7809ee15bc2353-|
|OS|Windows|
|JavaScript|V8 6.4.388.46|
|Flash|(Disabled)|
|User Agent|Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.189 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.95.1077.55|

Hello Tad, I tried to connect to kaniwani in incognito mode and every single option and it’s not working. My login is Leonhgomes My email is leonx.gr8@gmail.com

Same here. I’m the user jprspereira.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll DM you guys for further investgation

Same error problem as the guys above. I’ve tried clearing cache and the incognito thing but it didn’t work. My user is Notploopy1000 thanks

So, I am pushing out a fix now for this, but in the meantime, if you access https://kaniwani.com instead of https://www.kaniwani.com you should be able to access the site :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it looks amazing! 大変お疲れ様!

1 Like

Looks super nice!

Just thought I’d let you know that somehow 背 is a burned item in KaniWani for me without burning it at all in WaniKani. Maybe it will go away after the next sync?

1 Like

Strange: that same word 背 just turned up for me in my KaniWani review. The problem being that I’m on level 10 in WK, but that’s a level 30 vocab item.

I theorize that perhaps what happened is that 背 got erroneously entered into the database as 高さ, or perhaps the two got switched around which would explain both our issues.

1 Like

will have a look

1 Like

Same here, I got that word as well, and I’m only level 10 too.

Also, I’m getting 2-3 words that are different from what I learned in WK. After a few times, I decided to take a screenshot to show the difference between WK and KW. This word if “Feeling” for Level 9.

But I’m loving the new WaniKani so far! :+1:

1 Like

Ah gotcha. There was a toooon of data manipulation that needed to be done to get the data into a sane format, and obviously some stuff slipped through the cracks. Don’t worry about it for now, I am looking into it

The new site looks soooo good. Thank you for working so hard at it!

Just a heads up - the IME seems to not be converting English after a couple of syllables. Not sure if it’s a system thing or just me

Hmm this may be a mobile specific issue. Report an issue on our github please :slight_smile: Issues · Kaniwani/kw-frontend · GitHub

1 Like

the new site looks amazing! really well done! :smiley:

just one question. Are the hotkeys gone or is it a problem at my end?

Edit: Nevermind me, they are backspace and space now.

The site update looks super-slick, thanks so much for making it available!

One thing I wanted to ask about, and I couldn’t see any reference to this elsewhere: KW no longer has the option to introduce items only when they are burned in WK, right? If so, that might explain why I suddenly have a buncha lessons for new items available…

small suggestion, it’d be nice if F cycled through the varyingly verbose info screens. i tend to be allergic to using the mouse.

1 Like

you can change it right in the first option below “Quiz”. Just set it to Burned.

1 Like

Use spacebar :smiley:

1 Like