KameSame - a fast, feature-rich Japanese memorization webapp

I just managed to log back in and get lessons working.

I checked it again and now it seems fine, not sure what the issue was. Thanks for checking!

it stopped for me while doing reviews, first slowed way down, then stopped. but it’s up and runing again ^^

Does anyone know how to get Kamesame Vocabulary list because I can’t find them with the links the website offers.

I think it would be useful to see all the vocabulary you’re are learning that the website offers with multiple list like the JLPT and the Top 10,000 Words List.

Sorry for grammar English is not my first language.

@searls

I think KameSame is taking the parenthetical text into account when it compares definitions. I was marked incorrect for 上達 for answering with かいぜん, and they have the similar meanings.

I just quickly wanted to say “thank you” for the app. :heart:

Epic username btw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome to the WaniKani community!

1 Like

I love how Kamesame makes me remember how to read the kanji that I’ve already learned.

1 Like

In the last few days, on KameSame - and ONLY on KameSame - an extra bar appears at the top of my on-screen keyboard showing icons for saved passwords, credit cards and locations. This is really annoying, as it covers up the alternative meanings which are sometimes the only way of differentiating between words. As I said, this only appears on KameSame, and started a few days ago. Have you changed something recently?

No, nothing has changed recently

Today, this started appearing on Wanikani for me as well. :frowning: Seems to be an Android change. I haven’t been able to find an option to hide it yet.

Hmmm… it’s absolutely fine on all other pages for me. Wanikani and KaniWani don’t have the issue, so I’m not sure it’s a blanket Android change. But with Android, who knows! :wink:

I think Kamesame uses JMdict, which is the same dictionary that jisho.org uses

I have a newbie question about the “Placement test”-mode.

It says it will automatically mark items as burned, otherwise they’ll be added to the review queue. Sounds great, so I gave it a try. But it seems to me that no items have been marked as burned. I was wondering why that is, or if I’m just misunderstanding how this study-mode works. :sweat_smile:

What am I doing wrong?

I just found this post…but I think (?) it looked a bit different from when you were finished the reviews…(I’m bad at describing), but how the correct answers loaded showing how much you completed.

in any case the review session ended with these stats:

Shouldn’t 90% of the items have been burned??

(current lesson settings:

“Regular Lessons” “Placement Test” and “Survey Content” only apply to lessons. They don’t affect review sessions.

Thanks for that clarification. I thought so too at first, but then nothing got burned and well, that just wasn’t right. It still doesn’t explain why every item got put into apprentice for me. Something is off…I’m gonna check my API actually. I used KameSame in the beginning, but then stopped and haven’t used it for over a year. So, that might be an issue?? :eyes: Sleeping on it made me realize this. Haven’t checked it yet though…

Edit: turns out I did update the API to the v2. So that’s not it…I changed the API token for good measure, but nothing comes to mind as for why even “dog” and “friend” didn’t get burned. :joy:

Edit 2 Resetting everything, changing api seems to have solved the issue as the following lesson I DID burn items as learned…Thankfully, since I had started over anyway not much progress was lost. It’s still a mystery to me why it didn’t work the first time… @zyoeru thanks for that tip! <3

2 Likes

I’m glad you got it working!

KameSame was always a mystery to me until recently, too. But it’s really satisfying seeing a huge tranche of burnt items immediately, isn’t it?

1 Like

1 Like

Is the search working correctly?
When I search for 面 by wanikani level then 面白い does not show up in the results.
Same issue for 書 and 図書館, 座 and 座る.