KameSame - a fast, feature-rich Japanese memorization webapp

There are some vocab that are just bad examples. There are a few things you can do to help:

1. Note the alternate definitions
  2. Note differences in parts of speech
  3. Define custom WK synonyms to clarify the word for you (KS syncs these)
  4. Define the other as an alternate spelling in KS so either is marked correct and you don’t need to worry about it again
1 Like

@searls I registered and am infinitely waiting at: KameSame

Sit tight!

We’re fetching your review activity from WaniKani so that you can get started! This should only take a minute!

If I go to the site in another tab, it says I am Level 1 with 0 lessons and reviews. (I am level 4 on WK)

On KameSame, the Account page DOES have my correct WK account name and level, that it retrieved from the API. Still Level 1 on the dashboard though.

I assume that’s because you’re still level 1 in KameSame! Screenshot if you think you’re seeing a bug?

Edit: I see now that there is definitely a bug in the initial account creation workflow’s download of your assignment. The daily script will clean it up, but that shouldn’t be necessary. I’ll look into this tomorrow

Just started using this and noticed something odd when doing lessons on Chrome (desktop version).

After entering an answer and a new lesson appears, focus is lost from the text box so I have to click in it each time to give the next answer. Is this a problem with Chrome or the web app itself?

1 Like

I might be crazy, but I feel like this was working fine a few hours ago but now it’s broken in Firefox too. I used to just be able to enter answers, then hit the Return key a couple times, then enter the next answer, etc. Now I have to hit the Tab key to return the focus back to the text input box once a new item appears.

Checked it again and it has finally pushed through. Yeah, still Level 1 KameSame but now I have lessons, yay :slight_smile:

Hi, i really like your website/application but one thing it’s a little annoying (maybe is a Chrome 71 issue):
everytime a new word appears, i have to click on the input space to be able to write the answer.
i would prefer to have the cursor enabled automatically, insted of clicking each.

thank you

1 Like

Yeah, this annoying bug started to happen to me today as well. My session from last night was normal, so the bug is new. I was going to report this, but apparently I’m not the only one. It’s really a problem, since we have to either press TAB twice or click the text box again to enter the new answer. Hope this is fixed, because this is my second main app after WK.

I’m also experiencing this bug on Firefox 64. For a temporary workaround put this into your browsers console:

var h=history,p=h.pushState;h.pushState=function(){p.apply(h, arguments);setTimeout(function(){document.getElementsByName("answer")[0].focus();},0);};

I’m not sure why the 0 millisecond setTimeout is necessary, but it won’t work without it lol.

@rilwal @Gabrielmpf, @ironfly - this is now fixed. Sorry about that.

Explanation: I was busy fixing this iOS issue late last night and it slipped my mind that it would knock out auto-refocus for desktop browsers

1 Like

I just started studying with KameSame and I’d like to say how much I loved it!! It was a very weird feeling at first, trying to remember things the opposite way? Like, my brain exploded. In a very good way. Many thanks, you are awesome for creating and sharing this with us!

2 Likes

Anytime. Happy to destroy your brain

1 Like

Today suddenly couldn’t log in to the site (on phone).
Just asking for username and password even when login button is pressed.
On computer it worked fine.

Assuming you mean to say you’re certain the password is correct, could you send a screenshot and browser version?

When going to KameSame it worked fine on phone chrome browser, but when I added the shortcut to homescreen, running it via shortcut it showed login screen. Typing email and password and clicking login button didn’t redirect to my dashboard, showing this login screen again instead. I’ve cleared cache and still showing this. KaniWani, BunPro doesn’t have problems, only this one. I suspect that the updates recently causing this. On my computer it works fine. I’m using android phone.

Does this problem only manifest itself when running the app on Android after it’s been added to the homescreen, but works ok as a tab in the browser?

If so, it’s probably something in the PWA configuration that’s not working for Android.

It’s working fine before the update.
It’s still working when opening on chrome, but not working after adding it to home screen and running it via the home screen.

Hi searls,

Thanks a lot for your really nice tool!
Do you plan to incorporate a feature indicating the time remaining until the next review, just what the basic WK does? I would find it very useful.

Yep. Working on that today. A new header will be added to /reviews that’s about 75% of the way down this sloppy mockup:

2 Likes