Just for Today: Test and Buy Discounted Lifetime

All variations work well and showed me a prorated price (well, except the last one), same price as the one I got from my change plan page, just rounded up.
Now the real question is, should I get lifetime or not? The temptation is strong. :thinking:

2 Likes

こんにちは、
New user, recently (1 week ago) finished level 3.

Purchased with credit card - no issues.

The only note I have is that after clicking confirm/purchase, nothing happened for 20 seconds or so.

It looked like I had misclicked, until finally page reloaded abruptly.

If its not too big of an addition, I would add the wanikani spinning (like when loading a new lesson) logo until the transaction is complete to put us jittery people at ease.

Thank you.

1 Like

Signed up with option 4 on my Android mobile phone.

The prorated price was shown - everything worked. Just at the end there was this empty subscription page.

1 Like

Bought it on option 1. Just clicked on update and checked my subscription profile which is now “lifetime”.
Didn’t even need to do something with my bank. I guess it’s because my credit card was already registered?

I attempted a lifetime purchase through Variation 2 on desktop through Google Chrome.

Instead of receiving a confirmation of the purchase, I got a blank screen. However, the purchase went through and my account reflects the subscription change.

2 Likes

I did version 3 and it worked for me. Here we go lifetime of kanji learning!

The only thing unsettling thing I noticed was a blank page after pressing “Change to Lifetime.” I had to refresh the page again in order to see the confirmation that I had been upgraded.

Thanks for making learning Japanese fun!!

1 Like

Just upgraded from monthly to lifetime in Chrome on PC using option 1. I also got a significant delay after purchasing - at least 30 seconds of a white screen with the word Subscription at the top. Seems like everything worked out, though.

Admittedly, I went through the Subscription page instead of any of the links, but I was able to purchase Lifetime just fine. Like most people, I did get a blank confirmation page, but I managed to get it and it’s applied to my account.

Thanks!

Edited to add: All the page variations work just fine for me on Firefox.

Everyone thinks they join by their own free will, and its just a matter of time until the last person is part of the cult.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as free will. There is only Crabigator.

Man this robe is comfy.

3 Likes

Just a silly question, will you ever update the testimonials? The only reason I think they are real is because I know LostProphet was an actual user.
At this point, you may just as well use fake recommendations from Elvis and the Pope
(the durtle Pope, of course)

2 Likes

Successfully upgraded to lifetime using version 1. To echo a few other folks- I saw the prorated estimate but found it slightly disorienting when the button linked me to my subscription page and I had to use the normal “change plan” flow. Also after tapping the change plan button I was dropped onto a blank subscription page. The confirmation email arrived within a minute or so.

Thanks for doing the sale this year!

Tested on:
iPhone 13 Pro
iOS 15.1
Safari

Yes, and the prorated amount was fairly accurate to what the upgrade page showed me in the end.

it’s important we sell as many of these Lifetime memberships as possible.

Jokes aside, I’m probably an example of a weirdo where it’s not worthwhile to upgrade to lifetime financially speaking. Since my account has a permanent discount on subscriptions that doesn’t apply if I try to upgrade to lifetime it’s actually much cheaper for me to stick to annual subs than buy into this lifetime sale. Maybe it’s not really an issue anymore if WK stopped offering that coupon, but I think the situation is kind of weird.

1 Like

Successfully upgraded to Lifetime with ‘Variation 3’ link with Safari. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for all of this feedback, everyone! Keep it coming :raised_hands:

In terms of the blank page that has been mentioned by several people, we’re going to do some investigating and see if we can figure out the cause of it.

1 Like

I would buy lifetime again, if I didn’t already have it. Such a great deal :smiley_cat:

All variation look look on Firefox macOS.

I don’t think the age of the testimonials is a big factor as they’ve all achieved level 60, and not all the users who have sent us testimonials are going to be users from the Community that you may recognize. In case I misunderstood your post, please send us more details via email at hello@wanikani.com!

Worked for me. Everything seemed as intended I was using Opera on pc

1 Like

looks and works fine for me, except the 5th link, which tells me not to get this sale.

edit: running firefox on MacOS

also, it still shows me the sale now that i’ve got lifetime. if it’s already detecting what kind of subscription we’ve got, should it maybe say something in that regard too?

1 Like

Each link looked fine and I was charged the correct amount after purchase. After changing my sub I could see the subscription heading at the top of the page but the page content was black until I hit refresh. I can confirm the payment went through before having to do this though.

1 Like