Just a LAMP - but 2 close to home

I just came across the lesson for the o’onyomi for older brother (and shipping him off to Kyoto). Having recently moved to Japan, and living in Kyoto, I had to share with my younger brother, and apologized for being a mouth with legs. I have this feeling I won’t forget this one.

13 Likes

That’s a nice way to attach a memory to the word. :wink::+1:

Question tho: What’s a LAMP?

Reason: I’m old and some of the entries on Urban Dictionary are, uh, problematic.

8 Likes

Live Action Mario Party

4 Likes

TIL. In this context, b/c Mario is an older brother, that it makes sense? Never came across LAMP before either, lol.

2 Likes

Oh my . . . I didn’t even notice that part when I made up that acronym on the fly. Well, it’s definitely very apt, lol

1 Like

It’s actually Live Action Mole Play - LARPing specifically for underground-dwelling mammals.

8 Likes

LAMP = Legs And Mouth Person

15 Likes

No, no. You’re definitely on the right track. There’s a video on it.

2 Likes

Look
At
Me
Not something generally approved of or highly regarded but in this case I couldn’t resist.

3 Likes

So we were all wrong. :joy:

I don’t think it’s much of an issue these forums, really. :slight_smile:

If anything, the POLL threads are basically a LAMP free-for-all. :laughing:

4 Likes

Indeed, that’s what you are… Not your kin’s fault.

Not so bad, really; but being a shipment…

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s probably best not to look, but Urban Dictionary is the only real way to figure some of the slang you see on the internet these days.

I thought legs and mouth person definitely had it…

3 Likes

LAMP also used to be a common web server stack: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.

7 Likes

The real TIL. Hot damn, this rollercoaster felt like a scene from the Office. :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.