Just a bunch of level 八 子's

I undertood it as to die and to pass away

That HiNative link explained it pretty well. A few excerpts that I think are important:

亡くなるhas a respect to the dead, only for human

死ぬis just to die. can use for any

死亡するuse for some people who you don’t know well especially in TV or a report

Yeah, today when I saw the news of the shooting in LA, it used 死亡 when talking about the deaths.

Vocab on this level was mostly straightforward.

I noticed on the radical “hills” that it was basically the kanji for これ.
When you attach の to this, does it normally get read as の, or retain the これ form? Just a random thought I had on this. I understand running into this will probably be incredibly unlikely.

Couple questions I have about this level’s vocab:

名前・氏名・名字

I’ve only seen 名前 before WaniKani, so it’s very possible I just haven’t noticed the others. Is this a politeness thing between 名前 and 氏名? According to WK’s definitions, 名前 is more of the first name whereas 氏名 is more of the full name, but I’ve pretty much only heard 名前 used, and people still respond with their full name, so I see that these have overlap, but I’m not sure where the lines are drawn.

出来る・出来上がる

I found a HiNative post on this one, but it was entirely in Japanese, and, even using rikai-kun, I am not sure if I completely understand the difference in nuance as I haven’t learned the general principle that adding 上がる does to a verb stem. According to the post, the person said:

この場合の(あがる)は
他の述語の連用形に付けて用います。
動作が完了して動作の対象が完全にできあがることを表す。

新しいお店が出来た [A new restaurant was made.]
新しいお店が出来上がった [A new restaurant was made?]

名前 is any name, any combination of names
氏名 is surname and given name as a whole
名字 is surname

But sometimes 名前 has the distinction of just being the given name. So you’ll see a definition for 氏名 as 名字と名前

If you want to specify given name unequivocally for a Japanese person, you can say 下の名前.