July 10 2020 Content Updates

Vocab

休む (4) - added “to take time off” as a meaning and updated meaning explanation

使う (9) - added “to spend” as a meaning and updated meaning explanation

アメリカ製 (24) - changed primary meaning to “Made in USA” and moved “Made in America” to alternative meaning

祖母 (32) - added “grandfather” and “grandpa” to blacklist

祖父 (32) - added “grandmother” and “grandma” to blacklist

逮捕する (27) - improved translation of context sentence

技術 (16) - added “skill” to whitelist

義理 (21) - added “duty” to whitelist

主義 (21) - added “doctrine” to meanings and moved “policy” to whitelist

尚且つ (56) - added “furthermore” to meanings, updated meaning explanation, and improved translation of context sentence

疲れる (45) - added “to become exhausted” as primary meaning, and “to become tired,” and “to get tired” as meanings, moved “to be exhausted” and “to be tired” to whitelist, added “to get exhausted” and “to tire” to whitelist, and updated meaning explanation

小麦粉 (33) - added “wheat flour” as primary meaning and updated meaning explanation

寄る (29) - added “to stop by” as a meaning and updated meaning explanation

26 Likes
23 Likes

23 Likes

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. Thanks, I needed that.

6 Likes

This is great! Thanks for the new meaning! May I suggest updating the context sentence? It’s not required, but it wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s necessary, ‘America’ is basically synonymous with ‘USA’ especially in sentences such as these, no other north or south american country would call itself America.

1 Like

Glad we agree! My reasoning, however, was simply due to the fact that the new meaning is now the primary meaning, which is the one usually used in context sentences!

1 Like

We do usually try to use the primary meaning in context sentence translations when it fits! I’ve updated the translation and meaning explanation :v:

2 Likes