Stories of the Japanese Prefectures (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

I got my arrival notice at the Kinokuniya Bookstore that my copy has arrived. Two weeks exactly since I ordered online, so I’m very happy not to have paid any shipping. Only the local sales tax of 10%. Plus now I have an excuse to go back to Mitsuya Marketplace (where it’s located) and have a meal and some matcha ice cream! (hmm…maybe the book wasn’t that cheap, LOL)

6 Likes

The Torrance location? That’s where I’m headed soon. It will be 2 weeks on Thursday so hopefully I’ll get it soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Yep! I picked up the second Yotsuba(to) volume last week when I went. It’s a nice store.

1 Like

Could someone who has their copy share a photo of the contents page/s so I can put the schedule together please?

Also please could someone share a photo of the introductory chapter so we can use this for a bit of prereading?

Thank you!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thanks @_Mae! I’ve not tried this before, but I’ve created a prereading thread where people can try reading the introductory chapter (pages 4-5) before the club kicks off properly on May 14th. It will either work or it won’t…

5 Likes

I look forward to reading with you all. I have the book on order from Amazon Japan along with some other books to spread out the shipping cost. This will be my first book club reading since joining the Wanikani community, and I’m excited. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I 'll try to join too. I ordered the book from amazon japan and it arrived in Greece in 4 business days. I did not pay any additional import fees, apart from the 6% VAT for books.

4 Likes

Hmm, this book looks really interesting and makes me want to join. It’s such a shame that my Japanese level is so poor, I wouldn’t even be able to read this ATM.

Ill probably try to put in a order next week anyways and check out this thread later on.

3 Likes

This thread is what you’re looking for

1 Like

My book has arrived! :grinning:

It’s bigger than I expected.

9 Likes

Congrats! I’m still waiting for mine and I ordered it three weeks ago :grimacing:

2 Likes

Good to hear! Given I ordered it from the same place but maybe a week after you?

2 Likes

Looking forward to read this book with you all :blush:
I have just ordered the book, and I was very surprised by the delivery time: only 4-5 business day to get the book to Denmark with amazon (but then, the delivery costs are high).
My knowledge of japan prefectures/geography is zero, so I am really happy to get to learn more about it !

4 Likes

– which makes the furigana actually legible. :grinning:

7 Likes

Mine arrived! I’m so glad there’s furigana or I’d never be able to read it.

2 Likes

The book came into stock on the Kinokunya Australia site, so I guess I am joining you!

I am new to wanikani and these forums so this should be fun.

5 Likes

Sounds like enough of us ordered it that they got a few extra copies in!

5 Likes

Could it be that there is a typo in the schedule? I noticed that all the dates are Saturdays, except for May 24th. Is it maybe supposed to be May 21st instead, or was that a deliberate decision? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Debating whether I want to spend money on getting this shipped here, when I could instead read prior ABBC stuff for cheap or free. If I do get it, I’ll probably buy on Amazon. I don’t suppose anyone can recommend any other good beginner non-ebook stuff I could get shipped with it?

2 Likes