Join us! Starting 20th February: 不可解なぼくのすべてを・FukaBoku ♀♂ (Beginner Book Club)

Welcome to 不可解なぼくのすべてを

We’re reading this as the Beginner Book Club!

If you want to take part… just buy the book and join in the discussion! There’s a membership poll further down.

Not sure if this is for you? Check out the Nomination Post and try reading the first chapter for free on comic.pixiv - remember that your fellow book club members and the vocab sheet will be here to help you out though :wink:

Buy the Book

Physical | CDJapan | Amazon JP

eBook | BookWalker | Kobo | Kindle

(Second chapter also free on comic.pixiv if you want to try before committing)

If you haven’t used Amazon JP before, note that you will need a separate account.
CDJapan has (slow) economy shipping options available so is usually cheaper.

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 February 20th Chapter 1 5 - 16 12
Week 2 February 27th Chapter 1 17 - 38 22
Week 3 March 6th Chapter 2 41 - 68 28
Week 4 March 13th Chapter 3 71 - 96 26
Week 5 March 20th Chapter 4 99 - 119 21
Week 6 March 27th Chapter 5 121 - 148 28
Week 7 April 3rd Chapter 6 151 - 180 30

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Members

Are you planning to read 不可解なぼくのすべてを with us?

• Yes!
  • Nope

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion, please select ‘yes’!

11 Likes

Bought it yesterday, got a text this morning that it arrives tomorrow O_o
Looking forward to reading it! <3

6 Likes

I didn’t know it is already ending! I always claim I prefer short, or at least finished series, and then always get invested in long, still ongoing things.
So I’m happy to hear it will be a break from this curse :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wait, really? I can only read the first few pages on pixiv, so I’d specifically not bothered with it because more was available on BookWalker…!

Oooooooooooh, there’s a separate listing for the individual chapters. Is that not pretty weird? Why would they do that… Anyway, thanks for the nudge :blush:

3 Likes

Week 1

Omgeeeeee here we go!

The most important rule of the book club is not to hesitate to post any questions you have, however small or however many. It’s not a book club without discussion :slight_smile:

Please also set this thread to ‘watching’ to receive notifications when I post the weekly threads :+1:

11 Likes

Week 2

Alright, wrapping up the first chapter. There’s a bit of a step up in terms of page count this week - がんばって! :triumph:

4 Likes

Week 3

First whole chapter in a week! It’s only a few pages more than last week though :triumph:

3 Likes

Week 4

Not quite so many pages this week, even though we’re tackling another whole chapter :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Week 5

Shortest chapter!

2 Likes

Week 6

Penultimate chapter! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Week 7

Last. Week.

:open_mouth:

4 Likes

I just wanted to say that if the off-shot club will happen, I can do the weekly posts. :wave:
I was thinking about one thread per volume and the same vocab sheet, similarly to シメジシミュレーション.

7 Likes

Continue?

Thank you! I think the one thread per volume thing usually seems to work pretty well :blush: even if it starts out a little busier the later chapters usually get more sedate so if just feels silly posting a whole new thread.

Who’s interested? I always prefer comitting to a series when I know it has an end-point in sight, and this one is a very conservative five volumes!

• I’d like to continue reading volume 2 with the club
  • I’m going to read volume 2 in my own time
  • I’m not planning to keep going with this series

0 voters

2 Likes

Since there seems to be enough interest, I made the volume 2 thread:

不可解なぼくのすべてを・FukaBoku Vol.2 ♀♂

8 Likes

Aaand we already have a schedule, since 100% of people are ready to start anytime.
@radish8, could you add the volume 2 link to the main post?

5 Likes