Join us! Happiness - starting March 5th. (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

I read the first few volumes of Inside Mari myself recently. I completely failed to realize it’s the same author until you pointed it out - now I’m definitely looking forward to this :slight_smile:

I have the bookwalker version and I scanned the first chapter briefly. I had to zoom in a bit, but I don’t see any furigana that is difficult to make out. Resolution seems at least on par with other digital manga I’ve read.

Screenshot_2022-01-15_10-09-07

1 Like

I think I will be joining this book club. It’ll be my first ever longer read in Japanese (and first manga in maybe 12 years?) so definitely a challenge. Exciting!

2 Likes

If I’m still alive and around here by then, I’ll join to motivate myself to read outside the typical graded books.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve never read a manga before, so doing it in Japanese the first time should be fun. Hopefully I’ll be able to do it at my level (darned near absolute beginner).

2 Likes

Just ordered a physical copy from Manga Republic
I wasn’t able to keep up with Mitsuboshi Colors, but I’d really like to (be able to) read (a) Manga(s)
Hoping the physical copy will help me keep at it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

This will be my first time in the bookclub, I just ordered a physical copy. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Just got myself the physical copy from manga republic too. This will be my first book, I’ve only dabbled in graded readers here and there, but never really got far. Aaaah I’m excited :scream:

1 Like