🐶 わんわん探偵団 🕵 Home Thread - Doggy Detectives!

Oh, you decided to skip the break? I wasn’t looking in the week discussion threads to avoid spoilers etc, and I think I missed something happening as a result?x)

The break comes after each case.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry then!! For some reason I remembered th break schedule as “every 4 weeks”.

1 Like

The reading schedule is in the OP at the top of this thread (I’ve copied it into the file where I keep my notes to help me keep track). The number of weeks of reading for each case varies corresponding with the length of the case.

1 Like

Week 6!

For the first time, we are tacking a ‘solution’ section :open_mouth: (make sure to post your theory in the week 5 thread if you haven’t already).

We’re also stepping up the pace a little again, to 6 pages - so if you’re reading one page a day you still get one day off :wink: but if you’re finding it tricky to keep up, there’s only one week left until we take a break.

8 Likes

Week 7

Last week of the first story!

We’re tackling our highest number of pages yet, but there’s a break coming up next week, so don’t panic :slightly_smiling_face: if you’re up to speed and can manage a page a day you’ll be golden.

5 Likes

Week Off :beach_umbrella:

We’ve finished case one! Well done to everybody who’s made it this far, and if you’re still catching up, がんばって! We’re now having a one-week break, so there’s a little time.

I want to check in regarding the pace for story two.

For the ‘case’ section, the proposed pace in the OP sees us reading 5 pages per week, over four weeks. We could increase this to 6, 7, 7 over three weeks - similar to what we tackled for the ‘solution’ section of story one.

• I want to stick to the 5-pages-per-week pace
  • I want to increase the pace to 6-7-7

0 voters

3 Likes

Happy to read at either pace :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pace should be 5-7-5. It’s more… poetic.

8 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I really just want to make sure we aren’t artificially going at a slower pace than necessary. I imagine we’ll probably stick to the ‘advertised’ pace throughout, but figure it’s best to check in with people as we go.

3 Likes

Either pace will work fine for me. Finally just about caught up after a crazy end of the school semester for me. Excited to be reading “live” with everybody again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m interested in joining, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to just skip case 1 altogether and join you all the 1st of June for the second case. Do you think it’ll be okay even though I’ll miss some context? Otherwise I’ll just wait for the next book club ^^

1 Like

It should be fine :slightly_smiling_face: if you want the background of the protagonist, you could just read pages 6 - 8 for some context. The only other character you need to know about is Inspector Kuroboshi, who is described on page 4; there’s a character list.

3 Likes

First one of these I joined it was on case 3 and it really wasn’t a problem.

4 Likes

ok, thanks!! :blush: I’ll buy it then (or try at least) and check that before starting to read the second case.

4 Likes

Great news! Bienvenidos a nuestro humilde club de libros :grin:

4 Likes

We are back!

This week we start the second case, the longest in the book.

5 Likes

Week 9 (Story Two Part 2)

3 Likes

@Radish8 I was just wondering, do you deliberately close the participation polls for each thread after a while? Or do the polls time out after a period and close themselves? I was thinking people catching up might want to mark their participation.

1 Like

Week 10 Story Two Part 3

Nice to see so many people still reading along! Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

7 Likes