🐉 極主夫道 ・The Way of the Househusband, Volume 1 (Beginner Book Club)

Thank you so much! I just bought them:) I am from the Absolute Beginner Book Club but I’m hoping to migrate in December!

7 Likes

Well, that means I’m going digital then. Looks like Oreimo is going to be my first physical Japanese book.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club :hugs:

3 Likes

長く間にこの本が読みたいと思っていた。
やっといい読むの理由が来たんだね。
今度は皆と一緒に読んでみる! :grin:

10 Likes

I’m level 17 and currently about halfway through Genki 1. I’m also through the entire core 2k anki deck. Do you guys think this would be too difficult? I’ve bought it and I think it looks fun but I’m a little worried about there being no furigana.

4 Likes

Typically grammar is more of a problem than unknown kanji/vocab as those are easier to look up - it’s a bit of a pain looking up unknown kanji without furigana - I usually try to draw them first, and then go to radical search if I don’t draw it well enough. Advantage of a book club - there’s a vocab sheet you can check first to see if someone else has already recorded the word.

I read this on my own at around that WK level - definitely had to look up a lot of kanji, but it was doable.

Depending on your previous experience with native material, I suspect it will be challenging, but doable - you may find you have a lot of questions, but this is a great place to find the answers :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I’ll be joining (well, trying my best to follow along)~
Buuuuut I wont start until after the JLPT ends haha (It’s on December 5)

6 Likes

I’ll hold you to that

4 Likes

@DIO-Berry I already have the book :wink:
And because of this, you get to be the one I drive crazy texting with all my questions :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Dooooo it muhahhahhahaha

3 Likes

Btw which jlpt are you taking?

3 Likes

N5 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: and terrified lmao

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ll do fine. At your level you’ll know all the kanji at least I think and if you picked up grammar from your daily life you should be fine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your faith is bolstering if misguided XD
Unfortunately I don’t get a lot of ~Japanese practice~ since I speak exclusively English at my schools haha. High school life :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

But you talk with your coworkers and visit conbini/restaurants right?

1 Like

Eyyy that is true… (also i’m switching this back to discord so we don’t blow this chat up (anymore) LOL)

5 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this one off anyway, so I’ll be joining! Keen for next week. :smiley: Is there a discord for this club or all in this thread?

9 Likes

Welcome! It’s all on this forum, I’ll be posting separate threads to discuss each week’s section here :smiley:

9 Likes

Speaking of threads, I’ll be travelling for the JLPT next weekend, so I’ll create the first thread a few days early on Thursday. Those of you who want to start discussing the first two chapters a bit earlier can feel free to do so :smiley: After that we’ll be sticking to the regular Saturdays.

Also, the poll seems pretty much settled on the schedule with one chapter in week 4, so I’ll add that to the first post.

9 Likes

@NyappyTiramisu I just noticed that the nomination post link in the thread is linking to a different book

4 Likes