🐉 極主夫道 ・The Way of the Househusband, Volume 1 (Beginner Book Club)

On page 15, regarding カ所 isn’t the “relevant meaning for the context”: counter for places instead of “place; area”?

6 Likes

If you mean vocab spreadsheet, feel free to edit (it was not my entry, but in general, if you notice a typo and confident, just fix it).

5 Likes

Well, that wasn’t nearly as much of a struggle as I expected. Jisho’s drawing function helps a lot for the kanji I don’t know :slight_smile:

The way I read it it’s counting places he smashed up, so yes, I’d say so.

6 Likes

So, if you all hate it, feel free to undo it, but I went ahead and added the “alternating colors” formatting to the vocabulary sheet.

I find it’s generally a little easier on the eyes to read when every other line alternates colors, and makes it a little bit easier to “find your place,” so to speak, when looking back and forth between the sheet and the book. It also had the side-effect of removing the color from the cells that were filled in on the page column; if there was a purpose to that, I apologize!

8 Likes

yeah i tried to edit it when I put it but i think it didn’t save it

4 Likes

And we’re live! :grin:

Thank you! I think it’s much easier on the eyes as well.

6 Likes

Oh heck, I just realized we already started and you guys are already way ahead of the game :joy:

6 Likes

I’m actually on schedule for once! Wonder how long I’ll keep it up :joy:

6 Likes

On page 24, what is the meaning of 一本一本?

I took the rest of the sentence to be about the quality of the knife being high quality, like craftsman quality.

4 Likes

My interpretation is that 本 is being used as a counter for knives. 一本一本 would be “one by one” (the knives) are made carefully by artisans.

7 Likes

That’s my interpretation as well. The sentence continues in the next bubble - こちらの包丁職人が一本一本丁寧に仕上げておりまして (and he’s interrupted there). He’s describing experts carefully putting the finishing touches on the knives one by one.

8 Likes

Ah! I get it! Thanks for the explanation!

4 Likes

Welcome to week 2 everyone! :smiley

8 Likes

week 2? :scream: forgot week 1

8 Likes

In the first post of the weekly threads I’ve collected several references that people posted for easy reference, especially those regarding dialects, I think these will come in handy week after week :smiley:

10 Likes

Time for the next two chapters, happy reading everyone!

10 Likes

Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree::santa: This week we’re only reading one chapter, hopefully that gives some of you a chance to catch up or not fall behind too much this week :blush:

10 Likes

皆さん明けましておめでとうございます! :partying_face: Time for our last two regular chapters before jumping into the bonus material next week :smiley:

9 Likes

Hey Hey, I got 8 of these manga for christmas! I love the show, and while I am late to the party, hopefully I will catch up eventually! My goal is to learn grammar by actually using the kanji I know. I’ve had a 6 month break from Wanikani so its also a motivator to go back in the deep end over holidays!

10 Likes

Yay, and welcome!
Although I feel I must warn you that this manga is full of non-standard grammar.

5 Likes