Joeni's Journey (A Study Log) πŸ—“

Our reviews?

6 Likes

Speak for yourself

4 Likes

how you doin?

you know it took me a week after getting back on track to realise i’d been in a horrible, sticky slump?

i thought i was behind because my brain was not working anymore but it was something else i can’t really define.

am still getting really bad accuracy on some sessions but some are in the 80s and 90s as well and i’m much faster. i think the slug pace of reviews and still getting 50% accuracy just killed my spirit at some point.

i slowed down to 12 lessons a day… we’ll see how that goes. i can’t wait to post in the olympians thread again: with the reset, it will be many weeks between my last lavel up and this!

hope to see you post here soon again!

5 Likes

I go through that sometimes. It’s like a cycle of feeling horrible and just messy, then you feel super hyper and like you can do anything, then you go back to feeling normal.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Update for 7th April 2021

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 10 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 0 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 376 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry for slacking so much over the past few months. I’ve tried to return to studying, but found that I wasn’t remembering much at level 24 when I came to do all my reviews. So I reset to level 20. I still found that I was getting around 65% accuracy, which I didn’t deem good enough and found quite demoralising, so I reset back to 10.

Now I’ve reset before this, after getting to level 7 and then leaving the site for nine months. I reset back to one for a fresh start. The second time I took a long break, I was level 10 when I returned, so kept going. I’ve therefore gone over 1-10 content twice and so don’t feel much need to go over all that again, especially since later lessons reinforce it anyway.

I had over 2300 reviews and 300 lessons earlier today, but resetting to 10 took me down to 60 lessons and 500 reviews. I’ve done all my level 10 lessons again and a bunch of the existing reviews, so I’m sat at a much more manageable 0/376. I’m pledging to get back into the 0/0 streak as I level again and aim to hit 60 spring next year. Whereas before the Tokyo Skytree race felt like a foregone conclusion, it’s now a target that I need to actively push for!

I want to thank everyone for their support over the last few months and encouragement to return and I hope to not let you down this time around!

A 94 β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 145 β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 44 β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 304β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 905

16 Likes

Bro, you aren’t letting anyone down by resetting. If anyone feels let down by you doing what’s best for you, I think that they need to reevaluate themselves and what they deem important.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to racing with you on the skytree since we’re close on levels now :muscle: bring it on! (but don’t burn yourself out please lol)

8 Likes

I see. Now I understand :wink: (Just kidding)

Totally agree with @smellslikerain san. You can do it!

WKChampions

Nope, no pressure at all :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

You’ve got this!

5 Likes

Aww, well thank you for saying so :slight_smile:

Thank you, my friend, I will do my best ^-^

8 Likes

Update for 8th April 2021

γƒ―γƒ‹γ‚«γƒ‹β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ ζ–‡γƒ—γƒ­
Level 10 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž1‏6 Level
Lessons 0 β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€ β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž N5 JLPT Path
Reviews 70 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž57/111 Items

Happy Friday everyone,

I meant to post this last night, but then I was in Call of Cthulhu game from 22:30 to 00:30 and so I totally failed to. Yesterday was a good day though, getting a large chunk of reviews done though! I’m planning to hit 0/0 again for this level, for the first time in months, and then hopefully get back to maintaining a streak again ^-^

Friday is my ticket day at work, but I’ll only have reviews to do in the morning, not through the day, thanks to my now much lower number of apprentice items. It definitely feels much better not having over 2000 reviews weighting me down.

A 111 (+17)β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 229 (+184) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 74 (+30)β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 77 (-230)β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 1001 (+96)

8 Likes

Any new info on toofs? Gonna have anything put in there?

3 Likes

@trunklayer Are you watching this thread?

3 Likes

binoculars reel :microphone:

4 Likes

Nope, it’s all healed over and fine, but I’ve not been offered anything as clinically necessary, so I’d have to pay out of pocket. I’m just gonna live with the gap, I guess, it still feels a bit weird chewing, but I’m getting used to it. Hope yours are feeling okay?

4 Likes

Mine are good! I am getting the last wisdom toof out on Wednesday!

3 Likes

Begone, foul wisdom, who needs it?!

5 Likes

My dentist needs it, apparently

4 Likes

Ba-dum-tsss.

Got a lovecraftian idea of dentists who keep all the wisdom teeth now, haha.

6 Likes

Update for 10th April 2021

Level 10 β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž4 Level
Reviews 0 β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ β€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€Ž β€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž18/111 Items

:musical_note: Weekend, weekend, get no sleep on the weekend :musical_note:

Woken up at 7:30 this morning, my son wilfully ignoring my DIY GroClock, the scamp. So I took revenge by falling asleep on the sofa for two hours while he watched TV after we’d had breakfast. That’ll teach him. We then had an after lunch trip to the botanical gardens so he could burn a bunch of energy running his balance bike again.

I hit 0/0 yesterday, but completely forgot to write my update for the day. I’m going to try very hard to get back on the trend of always writing it before bed, because I find it helpful for maintaining my stats; though they do get pulled automatically into a Google Sheets sheet every night, as they have every night for nearly a year thanks to the wonderful guide that Viet made to doing that with the API.

I should be unlocking my second set of kanji for the level at 9:30am tomorrow, which puts me on target to return to my standard ~7.5 days per level routine that I was maintaining so well before I had my break and reset. Speaking of resets, I’ve also reset BunPro so I can get back into that more and I might do the same thing with some of my KitSun decks, though I’ve only got the Prefectures of Japan deck fully unlocked and am only 50 cards into the Genki Vocabulary deck, so I’m not sure if it’s really worth my time resetting all the levels back rather than just letting failed items fall naturally.

I’ve started trying to do more reviews on LingoDeer again every day to remember all that stuff, because I find it helps reinforce grammar and vocab, largely in line with Genki content. I purchased my lifetime sub to LingoDeer back when it was cheap and included all languages, so I don’t feel too bad taking my time with it. Same goes for LingoDeer+, which was cheaper for existing users. I’m quite enjoying the little vocab and particles games on that app, after originally writing it off somewhat. Nice little 5min exercises when I’ve got a second of peace.

A 105 (-6)β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€ G 251 (+22) β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€ M 63 (-11)β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Ž β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Ž E 57 (-20)β€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€β€ β€β€Žβ€β€β€Žβ€Žβ€β€ B 1016 (+15)

8 Likes