JLPT N5 x WaniKani Level

Hi!
I read a topic on WaniKani which dated back to July 2019 where it stated that on WK Level 16 you should have covered 100% of JLPT N5 kanji, but looking into my WK Stats page this is displayed (annexed screenshot).
Has anything changed since last year or did I do something wrong?
Thanks in advance and praise the Crabigator!

1 Like

Since this is your first post…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

4 Likes

You just need to subscribe - it’s just how WKStats works right now

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
I’ll definitely post the thread there, thank you for showing me.

2 Likes

Please don’t - we’ve already addressed this multiple times. Until you subscribe, @rfindley made the decision not to show these stats. Now that WK data is public, this may change.

For the record, here’s mine:

This list is NOT cumulative as you can see - N4 does not include N5 kanji, etc. Here’s the cumulative one:

4 Likes

Thank you, I really couldn’t find an explanation for this. I won’t post it there then, fair enough. Thanks for the full list, that’s right what I was searching for!

3 Likes

Doh, I’d totally forgotten that was the case, thanks for answering where I failed to :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No problem. BTW, can you move this to the API and Third-Party Apps category and mark one of these comments as a solution? That way, others know the problem is solved - and it’s not in the Japanese category (this really is about WKStats, not Japanese)! :wink:

3 Likes

This information is not up to date. Here is a recent statement of rfindley on the topic. It is basically an unintended consequence of a coding decision.

3 Likes

Right - that was the quote I was looking for…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.