JLPT 2022 thread(Results out now!)

Thanks for the encouraging words!

In my current state I can probably just barely pass N3 but given that I still have 6 months to go, I should be able to achieve a solid N3.

I’ll try and do my best and perhaps N2 is actually achievable in December :smiley:

Listening is probably going to be one of the more problematic things for me as well.

5 Likes

As for Germany, both Düsseldorf and Stuttgart updated their websites regarding the JLPT. Also, registration for the July test in Düsseldorf has started.

Düsseldorf is going to hold N5-N3 in July and likely N2-N1 in December.
Stuttgart will likely hold N5-N3 in December.

Guess I’ll have to wait until December to give the N2 a shot :c

9 Likes

Signing up for N3 in Düsseldorf tomorrow! Looking forwards to the exam. I need to hold myself accountable to study :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation! Yeah, seems like N1-N2 are not held in Germany in summer. Maybe other nearby countries might be an option? (Depending on where in Germany you live, maybe Paris or Vienna are alternatives? Or some other places I did not look into yet.)

4 Likes

Maybe possibly conceivably N3? I hate exams, but I could really use some external measure of my Japanese knowledge. Plus it’ll be a good conversation topic.

4 Likes

Do you know whether Vienna already opened for N3-N2? I tried looking online, but found no info. Will try to look again later this week.

3 Likes

TBH that was just a blind guess :sweat_smile: I could not find anything online yet…

3 Likes

I plan on taking N3 this year, just to check my level. My teacher says I’m between n4 and n3, but not in terms of kanji. I’m using Wanikani+Italki lessons.

4 Likes

I’m thinking I’ll try for N5 this year, maybe N4 if I actually get to go to Japan with work - it’s been delayed, delayed again, cancelled, restarted, etc - and I wasn’t studying very much last year, but this year I’m going to persevere with it.
I’m a Brit, living in Belgium, so apart from English I speak a bit of French & very basic Dutch. Plus “Janglish” at work :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve only just started learning, but the next exams in my country aren’t until December, so I think with a huge push and motivation I could maybe attempt the lowest level by then. That’s the plan, and if I’m not ready for it then I’ll just have to postpone. So to specifically answer your questions:

Hopefully!
Level 5 (I think that’s the lowest level?).
For tourism, I have a friend in Japan who I want to visit.
Books, tofugu, wanikani, and will be getting an online tutor within the next few weeks.

So far I can read the hiragana and katakana characters, and I’m about to progress to level 2 in wanikani for the kanji.

8 Likes

hey, let’s add each other on leaderboards, we are not so far apart so we can compete a bit

3 Likes

Ok.
How do we do that? (I’m veeerry new here)

1 Like

The Swedish JLPT tests seem to have been completely canceled this year. Usually it’s held in July. Nevertheless I’ll study for JLPT N3 until then, maybe I can find some good mock exam to test my progress if I can’t take the real test. I’m not really hurting for a JLPT N3 certificate but I like using JLPT to check on my progress.

I’ve taken the mock JLPT tests at unagibun before which I felt were quite good. They’re only available for JLPT N5 and JLPT N4 though.
https://www.unagibun.com/jlpt-online/

7 Likes

Can someone reply to this when Soas university updates it’s jlpt page because I’m getting sick of looking at it every day🥲

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, I’ll use that to see where I am now (how far from N5).

2 Likes

It’s okay! Just found out about this too.
So 1.You need to install tampermonkey extension to your browser of choice(if I understood correctly, it is the thing that manages your scripts and it’s using them on wanikani)
2. To your tampermonkey install Installing Wanikani Open Framework wanikani open framework. (My guess is that it’s some type of api)
3. To your tampermonkey install [Userscript] Wanikani Leaderboard. It’s the main script of leaderboard.

After all that, on your dashboard you’ll notice new window, it says “Leaderboard”, then you can add me there by pressing “+” and writing down my username “ddata3”

Hope it’s not too confusing, I’m new here too.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll give that a try tomorrow on my laptop
(iPad has just done “computer says no” on installing tampermonkey),
and then we shall climb the leaderboards together!
(“To infinity, and beyond’)

1 Like

I’m going to try and take the N3 in July 2022! I have never taken any JLPT before but now that I can apply for a specific grant to cover the costs of it if I pass, I’m encouraged to try! I’m going straight for N3 as I feel like I can pass it without too much extensive studying besides refreshing my kanji and from now until July is a long way to rise up the wanikani levels before I get there. I studied for 5 years in college so I feel like getting N3 under my belt will light a fire to advance to N2! After N2 eventually I think I could die happy.
I’m using wanikani, Tobira, bunpro, and an N3 summary book I found to test off of at a maruzen. I’m at work now so I don’t remember it’s name but I can post later.

Let’s 頑張ろう!

6 Likes

Well lol i supposedly “passed” this mock N5 test:JLPT Online — Unagibun (thankyou @saygram btw) But 98 / 180 definitely doesn’t feel like a pass!! :face_vomiting:

Does anyone know what the lowest score is or is that hard to calculate because you have to pass both sections? For reference i got 65 / 120 for vocab / grammar and 33 / 60 for listening…so bad jeez.

7 Likes

Waiting on results for my N2 test last month. If I passed that then I’ll be taking the N1 in July (and probably again in December). If I didn’t pass then I’ll take N2 again in July and N1 in December.

2 Likes