~ JLPT 2020 ~

I did N2 in Japan and for me it was even more random filling of the reading questions, probably over half… I’m definitely not a fast reader in Japanese.

6 Likes

Past results seem to be released around 21-25th of January.

But with COVID, the number of takers should be less than 1/3 of the normal numbers. Not sure if that would speed things up or not.

4 Likes

Wow that’s cool! There were about twice as many people in my testing room alone in Tokyo :sweat_smile:
I’m glad it’s being offered in more places

2 Likes

My proctors said we could check the results online 1月月末 so it should be up before February!

5 Likes

They definitely said the results would come out late January in my room but when I was talking to a friend who took the N4 he said he heard early Feburary for something.

Idk what their script was but it seems like late January for online results, early February for mail as you said.
For last year’s test it was January 22nd so it checks out.

8 Likes

Thought this would be a fun idea for those of us who took the test on Sunday!!

Predict Your Own Results!!
  • I probably passed
  • I might have passed but don’t feel so confident
  • I feel like I failed but was close to passing
  • I failed that b****

0 voters

1 Like

So… should we start studying for the next JLPT, or is it better to wait to see if we have passed the current one? :thinking:

1 Like

Well, I’d say just keep studying Japanese, but not necessarily for the test.

10 Likes

The listening was brutal! I was glad I remembered a CalorieMate snack to eat in the break because my focus would have suffered.

The best piece of advice I found online before the test was do reading first, then go back to the vocab etc. I gave myself an hour for reading, 45m for the rest, and it worked really well. It lets you use up your concentration on the hardest part, then you can power through the shorter questions. If you take any more JLPTs, it’s worth trying!

Yeah there were like 80 people in my room, and no open windows! I was like are you kidding :mask:

Same here. Fingers crossed they’re right! January is so boring, I want some test results to look forward to haha

4 Likes

That is solid advice on doing the reading first!
I definitely used up my concentration too early.
But tbh I definitely didn’t prepare enough, I was just kinda seeing how it goes. I don’t particularly need the N2 certificate for anything so even if I fail I’m pretty sure I could pass next time and that knowledge alone is enough.

5 Likes

I agree about doing the reading first. Actually, I do the reading in reverse. I find the last question is often rather easy as you need to search for info in a poster or brochure. Then I tackle the longer reading questions while I have tons of energy and concentration. I ended up finishing the first part with ten minutes to spare. Previous times when I would do the test and practice tests in the normal order I found that I would make stupid mistakes in the reading…where the questions count more. However, we’ll see if I pass in January. I think it will be close either way.

6 Likes

I’m super duper sure unless I have amazing random choosing luck I failed this thing HARD. But I am super motivated for next year!

Let’s try to actually read them next year! I have a plan and everything to improve this 2021 :slight_smile:
I hope you are motivated and not depressed about it <3

5 Likes

Haha, no depression here! I am certainly motivated to read more, even though it’s a huge pain (the last time I read anything as slow as I read Japanese now was 2nd grade)

3 Likes

Im such an impatient person. I’ve been checking the results page every day since the exam knowing full well the results come out in February.

7 Likes

Online results are supposed to be visible toward the end of this month, though the exact date hasn’t been specified. Official results will be sent via postal mail in early February. We just gotta hang in there a couple more weeks. :woman_climbing:t5:

5 Likes

But I want the results noooow. Give them to me nooooow… Colbertnow.gif

4 Likes

For anyone who wants their result early ask the magic 8 ball. I got “without a doubt”

6 Likes

What was your question?

1 Like

“Did I take the JLPT?”

9 Likes

It was “Did I pass” but I prefer @CDR-Strawberry 's question better lol

4 Likes