~ JLPT 2020 ~

Japan had announced they will find a way to go through with it no matter what, though. So probably the test takers there will not be disappointed (except by their results :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m planning on taking it here, and I’ve been informed to wear layers as they may have to have all the windows open for safe ventilation of the testing space. In Sapporo. In December.

I’m bound and determined to take it though, so time to start knitting fingerless gloves I guess :joy:

12 Likes

I’m also planning on taking it this year although in the kanto region… I think I’ll need to knit myself some fingerless gloves as well, I can’t even imagine Sapporo with open windows… in December, OMG! It’s pretty cold here in Tokyo today… but nothing compared to Hokkaido.

4 Likes

Düsseldorf cancelled today…

1 Like

oh s****t. Let me check Barcelona

I red all of the JLPT tests in the world will be suspended in december 2020 and july 2021, due to pandemic spreading.

At least in Japan, I received the test voucher yesterday for December test. Seems to be maintained so far.

4 Likes

We are weeks away from the December JLPT in Japan. There hasn’t been any announcement of a cancellation. I don’t think anyone can know anything about July.

1 Like

Test in Moscow was cancelled

It’s still being held in New Zealand luckily.

1 Like

This is what I found at Japan Institute in Rome website. You can check at the link below (it is in italian, but the document is in english):

https://jfroma.it/lingua/noryoku-shiken/

Cancellation of the test in 2020 (July) of the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)

The Japan Foundation

Japan Educational Exchange and Services

We regret to announce that the test in 2020 (July) of JLPT is now cancelled at all testing sites, in Japan and overseas.
The worldwide spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) remains unpredictable.
JLPT is the worldwide large-scale test with over one million participants annually, requiring test takers and test proctors to stay in test venues over long hours.
Given such circumstances, we have determined that it would be extremely difficult to both secure the safety of examinees and others concerned and to administer the test in an appropriate manner.
We would very much appreciate your understanding.
Sincerely,

Everyone’s talking about the December tests though. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You said December 2020 and July 2021 before. That’s just the July 2020 cancellation.

2 Likes

I got curious and double-checked the link, and on the webpage itself it says that the December 2020 test is cancelled all over Italy (in the Italian text at the top). But it neither talks about the rest of the world nor about July 2021. :woman_shrugging:

Yu’re right. I just thought that if Japan cancels July 2021, it was sure thing that also December 2020 would have been canceled. I was wrong.

More info here:

https://www.jlpt.jp/e/application/overseas_list.html

1 Like

I got my test voucher! This time the location is a lot farther from me than last year, so that makes me sad, but it sounds like it’s still on!

Why is the furigana so squished on top of the kanji? It’s hard to see. :sob:

2 Likes

I just want to ask. I don’t plan on taking the JLPT until I reach N2 level as that’s where it becomes worth it. However, I just wanted to test where I’m at with a practice test (I only started studying in May of this year) and found the N4 test to be quite difficult with it being hiragana only after the first section. I couldn’t figure out a lot of the vocab words because I know of many that have the same pronunciation and am used to reading kanji… Is this something I should be trying to remedy? Or should I just continue with Kanji and not worry about understanding hiragana only text and vocab? I’d imagine this would rectify itself just by doing more listening and getting used to not needing kanji meanings to figure out vocab as well…

2 Likes

Well, but the cancellation that is mentioned on the website was for July 2020 (4 months ago)…

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: You’re right :sweat_smile:
I did a mess :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I must stop digging internet on late night. :roll_eyes:

Ok, すみません!
バカの一年生だね?:nerd_face:

4 Likes

Moscow got canceled so no test for me this year :cry: well, at least /I/ feel like I’m slowly getting better…

1 Like