JLPT 2019!

Yeah, we wanted to keep his normal routine as much as possible. Gives me more time to bond with the new baby too!

Random question for all of you who passed the JLPT outside of Japan: Did anyone receive their certificate yet?
Yes, I am aware their website states that theyā€™ll be mailed out to local host institutions early February, I am just being curiousā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, not yet. Iā€™m trying to wait patiently, but itā€™s hard.
Early February has come and gone, which makes me think itā€™s any day now.

2 Likes

Nope, not yet! I got an email from University of Edinburgh for me send them my address again in email this time, because the online form didnā€™t pick it up right (not local). That was a month ago, I think, before results came out. Since mine needs to be sent from UK to Netherlands, it might take a day or two longer for me, though.

1 Like

Hmmm - I bet itā€™s gonna show up sometime this week. But at least I now get to look for something nice between all those bills and stuff when opening my mailboxā€¦

2 Likes

Also no sign of my certificate yet but hereā€™s hoping they will all arrive soon!

It will be nice to see it and give me that extra kick up the butt to get rolling with my studies haha (although I did plan out all my studying for the next few months last night!)

3 Likes

I forgot we even get certificates.

5 Likes

Soā€¦ did you take the N2 pratice test by now? :laughing: Just wonderingā€¦

1 Like

Ah, no I forgot. I probably should do that since I have no plans to actually take N2 this year. If I do take the practice test though I might not bother doing the listening section. That was pretty rough just for N3, so Iā€™m not sure I want to suffer by doing the N2 version. Iā€™m more curious how Iā€™d do on grammar/reading without actually studying for those sections explicitly.

3 Likes

I got mine in the post today, Iā€™m in New Zealand

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Iā€™m in Germany so it might take few extra days to make its way over here but I assume it will be here soon, too! :raised_hands:

1 Like

OOOH Excitement!

1 Like

They get sent from the institution where you did the test. Not straight from Japan.

I am aware of that, still they need send them from Japan to the local Institution to distribute them so it takes some extra time either way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still waiting for my certificate. I hear there are percentiles.

4 Likes

True I saw on my N3 certificate. Donā€™t remember, though. Ninety-somethingth, I believe.

1 Like

18 Likes

So I took the N4 test in Stuttgart and received the certificate in the middle of last week (on Wednesday or Thursday, donā€™t remember).

Oh dear, mine is going to be low :joy:. But hey, at least I got oneā€¦ if it ever shows upā€¦

1 Like

åˆę ¼ć—ć¾ć—ćŸ^ ^

13 Likes