JLPT 2019!

Thanks!! If I brought reading up by 11 points I would have passed. I knew that’s where I was bombing it badly… I just could not focus under pressure. Other sections were “good enough”, but not satisfactory.

1 Like

Damn, failed N5 again this year :see_no_evil: but at least I improved my score

20 Likes

Vocab/Grammar and Reading went worse than expected :sweat_smile: but a pass is a pass I guess so :partying_face:

Pretty happy with myself given that I took the N4 a year ago in december and now I managed to pass this!

29 Likes

Failed the N2 for the third time. I really need to stop and focus on reading but the hardest part is finding the time and building the habit of picking up a book.

Between work and kids and family and studying for work and studying for japanese and all the other things in life I have about 30 minutes of free time at the end of the day to decompress before bed.

I’m thinking out loud here, but I think I’ll try to use that bit of time to read in bed for one week to see how that goes. Feeling pretty defeated atm.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.04.24 AM

26 Likes

Progress is progress, even if small. Hopefully you can find a way to reorganize or reschedule things to get in some more reading time. Taking it three times though, your perseverance is inspiring. You got this! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

How much benefit are you getting from your formal Japanese studying? You might be at a point where you need to pause formal study and just read. You could also check out a book club if you need extra support/motivation to get started.

12 Likes

Failed N4 due to listening, as I expected. I’ll get it next year!

14 Likes

Lost my voucher with results passcode and can’t look up my N1 results. Forgot I even needed it. I hate myself.

2 Likes

That’s a good call. I’ll probably pull back on WK time and try this book club out.

Thanks for the reminder. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You’ll still have your confirmation email though, right? All the info you need should be in there.

1 Like

They don’t send any confirmation emails. Didn’t send last time I passed JLPT anyway.

1 Like

I’m so proud of everyone here that passed! Congratulations, and good luck with your continued studies! :partying_face: :heart:

2 Likes

Ah, no sorry I meant when you paid to register.

You should have an email with the subject line “Your Japanese Test Final Confirmation” with your registration number and another with the subject “Japanese Language Proficiency Test Registration” with your password in plain text ( which is shocking, but anyway).

5 Likes

I knew beforehand reading would be my biggest weakness so I focused only on improving my reading speed & comprehension. I’ve read a lot of books since the last time I took the JLPT (and started a lot more that I never finished :sweat:), but I feel like that helped the most with me improving my score. I also did binge watch the Nihongo no Mori JLPT videos too during the final weeks before the exam (so at least I’d have some fresh grammar studies in my short term memory)

4 Likes

Each test site does it their own way

5 Likes

I’m so impressed with everyone’s listening scores! I only got 32/60 - enough to pass, but I definitely need to work on it waaaay harder before the N3.

25 Likes

Thanks! You’re a lifesaver. There was an email about change in the exam location and it had my password. I’ve spent 2 hours searching for the damn voucher all over the place.

Felt like I did better. I wonder if they watch at your score, when you apply for a job.

Btw good luck with your N2 next time, fatwreck. You’re amazing for finding time and willpower to study japanese amidst adult life. Cheers (^o^)丿

29 Likes

Failed the N5. Don’t be jealous, but I’m perfectly poised for a dramatic comeback :wink:

20 Likes

Thanks and congratulations on passing the N1! You’re a total language beast!!!

1 Like

Congratulations everyone who passed, and to everyone who didn’t - keep at it!

I passed the N5 by 2 points. 53/120 in Vocab/Grammar/Reading and 28/60 for Listening. I really do feel like my Listening score should have been lower. I probably got lucky with some guesses.

I am so happy that I’ve come this far in my first year of studying, but I have so much to improve and this helped me to put it into perspective!

22 Likes