Jlpt 2018! (Results are now online!)

looks at my n2 mock exam

Uhhhhh…can I…not…? starts backing away from the essay and reaches out for the microwave to call 911/999

4 Likes

THE ANSWER KEY IS:

Look out for trick questions.
Outline the most important ideas of the reading section.
Verify if you aren’t missing any important details.
Exhale if you feel overstressed.
You dedicated so much of your time and energy.
Of course results will come.
Unleash that talent that I know you have inside you.

16 Likes

aaaahhhh i intended to be somewhere in the 40s level on wanikani before i give the n3 exam today but i stopped studying for a couple of months and am still only 28! and so much of the grammar i just haven’t grasped yet. i think my reading is ok, thanks partly to the kiki reading thread and other things i’ve been reading. i was sure id flunk listening but a month of watching an non-subtitled asadora has made me feel better about that too! now i just hope the test isn’t especially difficult and i don’t make careless mistakes (which i always do on practice tests!). good luck everybody! good luck me!
合格できますように!

1 Like

Just realized I haven’t taken a standardized test since the SAT in high school

Nice.

2 Likes

JLPT starts in one hour in Japan !
Last June I barely passed the N4… Taking the N3 just 6 months later is going to be an hell of a fight :sob: 頑張る !

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone taking the JLPT! Don’t forget to listen to the question; it’s easy to get wrapped up in one question and forget to listen to the next.
努力の成果が出ますように!:sparkles:

3 Likes

Fight-o minna san!!!

This will be my first experience taking this test

Hope y’all studied well

4 Likes

It’s happening, good luck everyone!

I‘m waiting at a train station for an hour now before the test, one last quick skim through Genki which I haven’t touched in weeks now. What could go wrong :innocent:

1 Like

It’s break time for N1.

As I said above, I am sick, and as such my ability to concentrate for long stretches is diminished. So it would not shock me to find out I did horrible on the reading section. The language knowledge section went fine.

9 Likes

I’m forever thankful for Information Retrieval in the reading section. \ :sob: /

6 Likes

N3. It’s over.
Even though I put a lot of study into it, I don’t feel confident about a good result, especially listening.
Time will tell. It’s going to be a long wait for those results, but I wouldn’t be suprised if I have to go back to give it another shot in the future.

3 Likes

So, back from N3 test.
I gave N4 before this year, in July and I really didn’t feel much of a difference in the level of もじ・ごい and どっかい sections compared to N4. For listening, the audio was very high pitched in my center and I didn’t do so well in section 1 because of all the echoing. From 2nd section onwards, I just closed my ears to balance its loudness. I think I did decent from then on. I probably won’t get as good as a score as my N4 one but I hope it to be around that mark.

So, now my aim is N2 in July (which was the plan all along regardless of the result anyway).

3 Likes

Just back from N3.

Language knowledge seemed a bit more difficult than all the practise tests (for the latter parts of the test - the first two sections were pretty easy).

Reading and grammar I found surprisingly not that hard and could finish it without rushing too much.

Listening was a disaster :slight_smile: I did sort of ok in practise tests but being at the back of a big room I had trouble catching what was said. I might fall because of that which will sting since I studied a lot. To be fair, listening is harder to study for than reading unless you are using Japanese daily.

Anyone else found listening more difficult than expected for N3?

3 Likes

Woo! Just got back from N4. I found it easier than I thought although some things I struggled with. I had a few problems where I didn’t know an essential word but I think I got around that okay.

I feel the reading section went well, and listening I felt I understand most of it although there were still some parts where I was completely lost and had to make an educated guess.

Then on the way home the car broke down :confetti_ball: And I got to ride in a tow truck for 13 km :3
Glad it was on the way back though :sweat_smile:

Added bonus: a learnt a word yesterday on Wanikani that was an important one :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Yes. I think my experience was similar to yours.

2 Likes

I think from the 2nd half of 2nd section onwards, I did decent (きき もんだい + やじるし + the last short きき もんだい sections). The 1st section however got me (might also be because of the aforementioned audio issue). I was in high spirits coming off from a successful first two papers and the first section of listening made me feel as if I might fail the test based on just that section. With few educated guesses, I am hoping I pulled through.

2 Likes

N1 hard. That is all.

15 Likes

Waiting outside N2 classroom, waiting for the start in Milan :scream:

1 Like

Buona fortuna! :wink:

4 Likes

I instantly regret this.

12 Likes