Jlpt 2018!

This is a great analogy. I’m registered for the N4 in December, but passing the N2 is one of my future goals! I will definitely remember this tip for the future.

Thank you for sharing the link!

I passed N4 in july this year. Wanted to take N3 in December but completing N3 in 6 months is too much after all. Will take N3 in July 2019

I cleared N4 in july at lv 24.It was a piece of cake. There’s no need to put much effort in kanji for N4. Concentrate on grammar and vocab instead

Plus (as somebody mentioned a while ago) it’s only five months from July to December :tired_face: so it’s even harder!

Don’t forget about the Workbook they recommend as well. You can find a PDF here from the same website.
https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/sample12.html

By the way, does anyone know the number of questions each section should have? More specifically for the N1.

I usually look at this page which specifies the question types and how many there are in each group, plus the timings the author suggests for each group. (This is ofc just a suggestion, but I think it’s worthwhile to think about it, especially for N2 and N1 with their single long timeslot).
https://jlptbootcamp.com/2011/06/jlpt-time-time-management-for-the-test/

Anyone doing it in San Fransisco?

Is taking the N2 in July 2019 a feasible goal? I started learning in August and I have been/plan to dedicate at least 30h/week studying Japanese.

easy to find out. try this
you’ll see what level is easy. continue your studies until the rank you wish to obtain seems doable.

Possible? Sure. Probable? I wouldn’t say so.

Challenge accepted, wish me luck!

Only three weeks left! I won’t get to do quite as many mock tests as I did for N5 but I think I’m still in an ok place. Worked through Genki II and Shin Kanzen Master N4. Currently doing Minna no Nihongo Choukai 2.
In terms of confidence, I do feel somewhat confused with similar grammar points… @_@