Jlpt 2018! (Results are now online!)

Australia = upside-down North America

9 Likes

Perfect match

2 Likes

I did N4 at Griffith last December (and passed). I’ll be there for N3 this December.

@hachiken Congratulations! Good luck with N3 this year! I wanted to sit N4 last year but I spent so much time on kanji (WK) that I had not studied enough grammar.

@plantron, impressive map. I think the rednecks are actually more widespread than that.

1 Like

Excluding Canada and Mexico

5 Likes

Brisbane isn’t the only Aussie city to hold the JLPT in July.
Canberra also holds it in July.
I know because I almost considered taking the 40 minute flight from Melbourne to take the N5 this year and Brissy would’ve been too far and expensive comparatively.

Unless I’m very mistaken.

What I said was that Brisbane holds it in July and December (twice a year). Canberra has a July sitting but I did not see a December sitting on the JLPT web site.

I did not realise there are so many Aussies interested in Wanikani and JLPT!

1 Like

Oh sorry! I misread, I thought you were saying Brisbane was the only one who does it in July. Sorry!

And yeah, I’m noticing lots of Aussies on WaniKani too. Which is great because I remember feeling like the only Aussie on the internet when I first started using the internet.

3 Likes

I’m sitting N4 in December in Australia :stuck_out_tongue:

I passed N5 last year with 112/180 so hopefully N4 is achievable because I kinda fell off the wagon when I got my N5 results until about 2 and a bit months ago. I’m slogging away at the grammar so fingers crossed :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Udemy tip, I just picked up the N5 and N4 courses for £20 GBP.

1 Like

I signed up for the N3 almost immediately after registration opened, then life happened and I’ve barely studied since then. My time will be split as I’ve got a lot of deadlines to meet in the next few months, but hopefully I’ll be able to get through my 新完全マスター books by mid-November!

I’ve been able to squeeze out a pass for both N5 and N4, so if I can study regularly I might do the same with the N3. I guess I’ll find out in December…

2 Likes

Nice job with the kanji! I have finished Genki I and I’m in Genki II right now. I agree that reading looks intimidating! My language professor told me that the listening is tricky so I feel like I need to practice listening as well.

Anyone else PLANNING on failing? I left my serious study waaaay too late :frowning:

3 Likes

The only section of the test I’m confident in passing is 文字・語彙

Yes? Hello? This is me o/
:sunglasses:

Probably left the grammar too late…

Analogue watch arrived this morning, I picked up a cheap one because you’re apparently not allowed digital and/or smartwatches in the exam.

Guys, there’s a 日本語ワープロ検定.

Someone needs to take this.

2 Likes

I just registered last Friday, 2 hours before the deadline :smiley:

1 Like

:sob: missed the deadline for December.

Oh well … another 7 months isn’t too long to wait!

Should I bother studying much for the Kanji section for N4? I’m not sure if it’s worth spending time on because I use WaniKani everyday and I feel like I could use the time I would spend on extra Kanji study on grammar and listening (my lowest points).

Also my Kazen Master and Speed Master books should arrive earlier next week if they don’t arrive tomorrow, so that’s exciting. I’ve been hammering Nihongo Sou Matome so far. Easy, fun, and cute.

Also, thanks for reminding me @crumpet ! I should go purchase an analogue watch - My fitbit is too fancy.

I should probably also purchase lead pencils, rubber, sharpener, etc. Any other suggestions? I haven’t sat an exam since I graduated Uni 4 years ago.

2 Likes