Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

お誕生日おめでとうございます!

Linking sentences is one of the areas I struggle with as well, so this is mostly just brainstorming. For the first part, I’d probably say something along the lines of 昨日のライブは楽しかった食べに行ったレストランの和食(I would likely use 料理 for dishes here, though)は美味しかったです! So I’d switch saying the band was fun to the live was fun. I’m the most unsure about the “食べに行ったレストランの料理” part, I hope it’s even close to correct :rofl:

2 Likes

もっとレッスンをしたほうがいい。。。。

1 Like

The ない negation conjugates like an い-adjective so instead of ないに it should be なく. I would write it more like this:
お酒を飲めば飲むほど、二日酔いが悪くなりますよ。
I put 悪く instead of よくなく, since 二日酔い is by definition a bad outcome. Also, I would use が here, because 1) it’s new information and 2) 二日酔い doesn’t need to be an extra topic / be in focus.

The expression 気をつける doesn’t take another を to mark the thing one should be careful about. It takes に instead, because 気 is already the direct object of つける. There is many such XにYをverb expressions.

It’s 鳥焼き or とり焼き, It’s とり - bird and not 取り from 取る :slight_smile:

There is also 照り焼き (てりやき) in case you might’ve meant that one.

EDIT: I knew something’s off… It’s 焼き鳥 and not 鳥焼き, even though I found recipes for 鳥焼き online.

3 Likes

今夜、虫を食べる食生活について記事を読んで日本語の授業にレポートを書き始めた。今は下書きだけど明日続ける。

1 Like

You can use て to link sentence fragments.

2 Likes

最近、生徒の学校の国際連合祭りに虫を提供されました。

子供から虫が大嫌いなのに、まあいっかと思って虫を食べました。

しょっぱかったけど、変な味じゃなかった。
そう言っても、これから虫を食べるつもりはない。

一度食べてみたかっただけ。

1 Like

彼女も一回食べて味がチキンみたいだと言った。:sweat_smile:
ちょっと面白そうだけど僕は食べてみたくない。

1 Like

いい経験ですよ. :eyes:

1 Like

休みが大好き!

木曜日に仕事に戻りたくない

2 Likes

また一晩中にファンフィクションを読むことになりました。。。

I ended up reading fanfiction all night again…

久々にボイトレレッスンに行こうかなーって思ってます!

1 Like

今日はChatGPTを使い始めました。いいことにこいつは日本語がペラペラです。しかし・・・
僕:最近何か本を読んだことがありますか。
こいつ:残念ながら私は読書をすることができません。私は機械学習によってトレーニングされたコンピュータープログラムであり、人工知能モデルです。テキストを読むことはできますが、その内容を理解することはできません。ただ、多くの日本語の本にアクセスすることができますので、興味があればお勧めの本を紹介することができます。

やはり、こいつはAIだけです。だが、お勧めの本があるかもしれません。:wink:

残念ながら、願ったライトノベルのお勧めの中で漫画が3つぐらいありました。そう言っても会話の相手として完璧だったと思いますね。

猫の足、鉄の爪
脳神経外科医らがもっとために叫ぶ
パラノイアの毒な扉に
第21世紀シゾイド男

血ラック、有刺鉄線
政治家の葬儀焚き火
無実らがナパルム火で侵した
第21世紀シゾイド男

死種子、盲人の欲張り
詩人飢えてる、子供が血が出る
何も彼がある、全く必要がない
第21世紀シゾイド男

ぼっちちゃんは両親にいじめられている。

ぼっちちゃんに同情する!

Bocchi chan is getting bullied by her parents, I feel sorry for her.

Episode 7 where Bocchi has the band members over to design Tshirts. I know it’s supposed to be a bit of ‘teasing’ but I went through that with my family and it massively damaged my self esteem going forward.

1 Like

ある。あいつがもう死んでいますから。 :frowning:

2 Likes

今日は砂嵐が降った!仕事の後でお風呂に入った、髪の毛が土がいっぱい、びっくりした!(;゚Д゚)

Today there was a sandstorm. After work I took a bath, I was surprised that my hair was full of dirt (dust).
I had to look up how to say sandstorm, I wonder if just サンドストーン is more commonly used?

1 Like

初めまして!I’d say 砂嵐 is the safer option, as the Wikipedia article about sandstorm(s) is also titled that way! If you were to use the katakana version, I’d say it’d rather be サンドストーム than サンドストーン(sand stone). That being said, I’d never heard the word for sandstorms before today :grin:

砂嵐ってやばいですね!ここ、今日は雪が降ってたので、全然違いますね!

3 Likes

今日はいよいよ日本語能力認定書を貰いました! :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

明日仕事があるので、早く寝る。

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction I didn’t realize I wrote the wrong word hehhe…

木曜日
今朝はお母さんと電話に話しました、昨日の昼地震があったっていた。違うの国に住んでいるから知りませんでした。母さんは何も感じないといった、大丈夫ですね。

“This morning I spoke with mom on the phone, she said that yesterday afternoon there was an earthquake. I didn’t know this because we live in different countries. She said she didn’t feel anything at all, and I was glad.”
Goodness, writing is SO difficult, I want to say soooo many things but I’m so bad at it lol.

3 Likes