1 Like

すごく忙しくて、私が書いた文は短いになります。

1 Like

今日、子供の頃観た日食を思い出した。

1 Like

私の興味があるゲームが今安売りだけど、うちのパソコンはダメ ಥ_ಥ

1 Like

今日難しい。本当に忙しい!近所のネコを見たい :pleading_face:

what is the name/sound that goes with that emoji?? I know I’ve heard it a few times on YouTube/TV and I thought it was some variation of pyon, but google says I am wrong.

ケーキを食うか食わないかと思います。太人になったくありません。美味しそうものですが、強い意欲と根気を維持しなければなりません。誤りの一つは進行を全壊することが出来るでしょうね。

太人 probably isn’t what you’re imagining. Many Japanese people would read it as たいと and picture a boy’s name. One meaning of 太, which makes it common in names, is something like “best” or “most valuable.”

A straightforward (and thus fairly rude) word for fat person would be something like 太った人

1 Like

「短くなります」ですよね。:v:

1 Like

本当は今日は私のお兄さんにスパムむすびを作ってくれますよ😄

1 Like

こんにちは。寝ましょう。これは全部です。聞きましたありがとう。

1 Like

Sorry, can I ask what you want to express? I read the あげる/くれる grammar in Genki yesterday and I think some aspects are still confusing to me. I thought you wanted to say that your big brother is making a rice ball for you. But if you use くれる here, shouldn’t your brother be the subject of the sentence?

1 Like

Can it possibly be ~てあげる/~てさしあげる instead cuz subject seems to be omitted and Burnannator is the subject of the sentence? Also it is not ~てやる because he acts for his elder brother.

1 Like

What a deep understanding. I suspected that くれる-あげる family is interchangeable provided subject and object exchange their places but I am not that experienced to be sure of that. A great discovery for me.

1 Like

Oh no, sorry! I got confused. :smile::pray:
If I understood this grammar correctly you could say:
兄がむすびを作ってくれる。 my older brother prepares a riceball for me. (no need to mention the receiving person because with くれる it’s the speaker or his group)
兄にむすびを作ってあげる。 i prepare a riceball for my brother.
So you are right, if you change おげる and くれる the giving subject and the receiving person change positions.

1 Like

僕は今「キノの旅」とい ライトノベル を読んでる。信じられない!この本のエルミスというやつ全くTrollだ!やっぱりこの本が有名だから、エルミスのこと聞いたことがあるけど、そんないたずらな子だと期待しなかった。 :rofl:

何と言えばいいか分かりません。
Question: How do I change this sentence to say ‘I don’t know what to write/type?’
すみません、I’m still a beginner in Japanese.

1 Like

The 言 is part of the verb 言う.
You want to use the verb 書く.
For a 「ば」-verb, you change the u-sound at the end of a verb to an e-sound.
So 言う becomes 言え, and 書く becomes 書け.
Therefore the final sentence becomes:

何と書けばいいか分かりません。

1 Like

今日きょうくるまうよ!
しろの『ダシア・サンデロ』だ。
ぼく最初さいしょくるまから、ぼくがる。