Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge

久しぶりです!

If it is a proper usage in older Japanese, I’m not familiar with it, and I definitely would have changed it to いる if my six in the morning self had the time and energy to re-read and revise my posts. :joy: If it is correct, that would have been entirely accidental.

Yes, you’re totally right on not seeing 選択 used in such contexts. I guess I went with the first form of “choice” that sprang to mind without considering proper usage. Thanks for reminding me!

I believe you’re right and that I should have gone with 8人の生徒. :thinking: I see things like “女子生徒10人” in things like article headlines, but those are notorious for doing things in a particular way in order to get across a lot of info in one line.

Doing some looking around on の, I did end up reading a random stack exchange post on why you’d say 相手の日本人 and not 日本人の相手 when OP was referrring to their Japanese speaking partner.

しばらく前の始めたクラス以外、日本語のクラスは一度も受講していません。

The classes that started a while ago are the first Japanese classes I’ve ever attended.

僕もそう思うからこそ悩んでいます。今の授業は話せるチャンスはすくないから、iTalkyについて考えていました。 iTalkyを使ってみたいけど、金のなる木はないんですよね。

It’s exactly because I also think so that I’ve been worrying. It’s because there are few chances to speak my current class that I’ve been thinking about iTalky. I want to try using iTalky, but money doesn’t grow on trees.

独り言はいいアイディアと思います。僕は、読み上げることもたくさんやっていたけど、話せるためにそんなに役に立たない感じがします。独り言がもっとやればよかったんです。

I think talking to yourself is a good idea. I also did a lot of reading out loud, but I don’t feel like it was useful for being able to speak. I wish I would have talked to myself more.

ちょっと羨ましいですww本当に楽しそう!五平餅を聞いたことがないけど、ネットで調べたからには食べなくてはならない!:heart_eyes:

I’m a little jealous, haha. I hadn’t hear of gohei mochi before, but now that I’ve looked it up online, I must it eat!

はじめまして!「スレッド」を使ってもいいんです。^ー^

Nice to meet you! You can also use the word スレッド.

https://jisho.org/word/スレッド

どういう意味ですか?hiukanさんは何を書いていいかと分かりませんか?それなら、質問があります!huikanさんの一日はどうでしたか?

What do you mean? You can’t think of anything to write? In that case, I have a question! How was your day, huikan-san?

4 Likes

野球やフットボールやバスケを観ます。フットボールとバスケはプロより大学を多く観ます。

1 Like

毎日、俺はガチョウ共謀を戦わせられる。彼らが俺の会話を盗聴してメールを読む。それでも、俺の闘志を壊れらない。いつか、俺は奴らをばらす。

2 Likes

I think there might be other choices of choice (pun pun), but I would need to dig into a dictionary. Our one could rephrase it and use one of the 取る combo verbs.

そうですか。そう言えば、実は僕は日本語の授業を受けたことがありません。全然ですよ。しかし、知人達と話してから授業を受講すればいいと思っています。:slight_smile:

I see. Speaking of which, truth is I never took Japanese classes. Not at all! However, after talking to my colleagues I think it would be good to take classes. :slight_smile:

まあ、これは僕の意見ばかりですね。:slight_smile:
正直に言ったら話すことができるために、独り言をしたり音読したりする代わりに絶対に相手と喋る必要があると思います。読み上げるのは便利ですけど、返事がないわけですね。そんな感じです。:slight_smile:

Well, that’s just my opinion. :slight_smile:
If I were to say honestly, to be able to speak, it’s really necessary to chat with a partner instead of speaking alone or reading aloud, I think. Reading out loud is useful, but there is no response, right? That kind of thing.

2 Likes

何にしたか知りたがっているの。プレーンなハンバーガーだ。死体が僕の庭にあるね。

You wanna know what did I get? Plain hamburger. There are people buried in my backyard.

1 Like

ちょっと羨ましいですww本当に楽しそう!五平餅を聞いたことがないけど、ネットで調べたからには食べなくてはならない!

そっか、東海地方じゃないと売られてないだろうなぁ
いつか愛知県に来たらぜひ試してみてね!

1 Like

久しぶりみんなさん :grinning:

珍しい機会で書くのためがあるでさえ簡単な文らを速く書ってみるではその時に一つ考えを着きたんだ仮に完全な話を創造しれば俺の書き方が上手になりしょうかしら。それで最近にその新しいトピックを作ってあのなかに日本からランダム諸々話らを創造しているです。 :cowboy_hat_face:

こちらさまはそれを興味がしてとこちらさまの読み方も改善したくればあそこにその諸々な記事を読んでに招待します。シーラカンスニューズでようこそ! :pray:

2 Likes

その感じもときどき感じれるですけどちょうど交代のために通常のルーチンを変えてみったら
快適ゾーンを出ってのようなはあの場合のなかに進めれて新しくて難しい内容らを探せると思ってそれは最高だ。テクノロジーとかパソコンのとか世の中のとか株式のとかに興味があればそれは俺のおすすめです。ホリエモンチャンネルを提示するだ。すべての述べた科目がそのチャンネルのなかにあるだ。

毎日働くのときで背景にそのチャネルからランダム動画を聞ってに置きったらそれで聞き方に助けに改善するそうと気づくです。それは解決のめんであの一つ良いな解決と思って

1 Like

本を読む人は理解多く単語だと思うね。

I think people who read books understand a lot of words.

4 Likes

あいつは私の知り合いだって久しぶりに会った。今仲良く結婚してて 四人子供もいて もう一人が来てるところ。グレッグという全ての子供たちだ。

That guy is my acquaintance although I haven’t seen him in a while. Now he’s happily married with four children and a fifth on the way, all of whom are named Greg.

1 Like

あのさ、あなたは読点を使わないため、文はちょっと読みにくなってしまうんですが。故に、あまり分からなければ、ごめんなさい。 :bowing_man:

そうかと言って、もちろん賛成ですよ。だから、とびらばかりでなく、色んな本や記事などを読むようにするんです。

Umm, because you don’t use commas, the sentences are a little hard to understand. Therefore, if I don’t understand everything, I’m sorry. :bowing_man:

That being said, of course I agree. That’s why I try to read not only Tobira, but also different books, articles, etc.

へえ、結構面白そうですね。ええ、技術に興味があるんですよ。開発者だからです。:smiley:
では、週末そのチャンネルを見てみるかもしれません。実際は、あなたが書いた虚構のニュースまだ読んでいなくてごめんなさい。 :confused:

Oh, that’s sounds quite interesting! Yes, I’m interesting in technology! I’m a developer after all. :smiley:
I will likely check out that channel over the weekend. Actually, I’m sorry I haven’t read your fictional news reports yet. :confused:

1 Like

最近、たくさん復習がありますから。授業をしないつもりです。 :cry:

Recently, because I have a lot of reviews. I don’t intend to do lessons. :cry:

3 Likes

要らなくて買わなくてと思ってもスマートウオッチを今週ずっと探していました。

Is there a turn of phrase idiomatically equivalent to “window shopping”?

2 Likes

二十五億ドルの借金がなる間違いをしないように、いつもよく休まる時に大事なことをやるの。

In order to not make a mistake resulting in 2.5b USD in debt, I always do important stuff well-rested.

3 Likes

A; いつその医者と話しますか。
B: どうして?
A: あなたの鼻血たくさんから。
B: 取り柄。。。

A; When will you talk to that doctor?
B: Why?
A: Because your nose bleeds a lot.
B: Good point…

I came across the word 冷やかし and its verb form 冷やかす, which seems to fit the bill. Haven’t found a proper phrase. However, I imagine someone wiser than I might have some deeper insight :eyes: .

3 Likes

(わたし)日本語(にほんご)下手(へた)です。全然(ぜんぜん)ペラペラじゃないです。でも、頑張(がんば)りますよ。

My Japanese is bad. I am not at all fluent. But, I am trying.

3 Likes

ありがとう、調べたときダッシュなしで入力してしまいました。

1 Like

(いそが)しい。。。

3 Likes

I think you’re right! I also found 冷やかし客 - window-shopper.

Oddly enough, 冷やかし seems close to 冷ややか (cold, indifferent, but also cool in regards to temperature) and 冷やし (cold, chilled like chilled coffee), but it also might be because of the 冷や kun’yomi reading.

今日は本当の退屈な日です。僕は日暮らしに窓の外に眺めています。灰色のドンヨリとした雲に隠された太陽が見えなくてしまいます。すごく寒くて、所々にこんもりと降った雪があります。時々風に吹かれている電線に烏達が飛んで座ってきます。お互いに見合わせながら、鳴き声をしています。というのは、烏達は色んなことを喋っている気がしますよ。僕は時折鳥になりたいと思ってます。鳥になるとすれば、空を飛ぶとか屋根に座ることが出来ますね。そんな感じです。:slight_smile:

Today is a truly boring day. I’m staring through the window all day long. The Sun hidden behind gloomy clouds the color of ash is not visible. It’s very cold and here and there, there is densely fallen snow. From time to time crows fly down and sit on the power lines shaken by wind. They look at each other while cawing. Meaning, it feels like they’re chatting about various things. Sometimes I think I would like to be a bird. If I were a bird I could do things like flying through the sky and sit on roofs. That’s how I feel. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1999年式のホンダ・シビックで子供たちをひく事とは、やらなきゃダメだ。

run over children in my 1999 honda civic I must.

2 Likes