Japanese Movie Club // Current Movie カメラを止めるな! One Cut of the Dead // Accepting Proposals for Next Movie

Ok. Instead of adding all that info to a template I’ve added the TMDB links so people can check themselves.
All films are available on Netflix Japan.
As for reasons for wanting to watch those… well, some are award-winning films and were highly praised (Insect Woman, i-Documentary), so that usually drives curiosity on my behalf; some are coming from promising directors that have been in the spotlight these recent years (Sho Miyake from And Your Bird can sing or Shinichiro Ueda from One Cut of the Dead), others come from classic established ones, as Shinji Iwai in A Bride for Rip Van Winkle (that also has the lovely Haru Kuroki as leading role :heart_eyes: ) or Masayuki Suo, whom people usually remember from “Shal we Dance”, but actually has quite the few interesting films under his belt, ranging from sexploitation to comedy (as Sumo Do, Sumo Don’t).

And then “Think Again Junpei” was part of the monthly special over Nihon Eiga channel bringing films that caused turmoil upon theatrical release in Japan. Other films over that special section (called " 月イチ衝撃作" have been really good so far, I think all were R15+ also.

PD: never mind for Sumo Do, Sumo Don’t as my nominee. Already watched. Very funny, totally recommended though. Felt a nice film to watch the week before the Grand Sumo Tournament begins next week :wink:

3 Likes